PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on EG furniture

Lynnie
01-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience with EG furniture. I saw a dresser and bookcase that I really like, and bunk beds for later, and although it was highly recommended by the guy at the store, I wanted to see if I could get any additional - and unbiased- feedback.

thanks !

sherryh
01-19-2004, 10:33 PM
I bought EG furniture for my son - twin bed with trundle, nightstand, and dresser. I have had it about a year, and am very happy with it.

SherryH

Lynnie
01-19-2004, 10:36 PM
wow, that was fast - thanks !

were you able to shop around and find a better price at one store vs. another, or were they all comparable? (of course, i have only found one store that has it so far...)

thanks again

lynn

steph2003
01-23-2004, 12:56 PM
The good -
I ordered a crib (Camille), 5 drawer chest, bookshelf & changing table in cognac from EG. The quality & finish is good, much better then anything else we saw at BRU or equivalent places. The drawers are french dovetailed which is one of my husband's big things. He hates stuff that is constructed with wood glue. Of course the furniture is just sitting there for now w/no baby yet - but I think it will hold up over the long run.

The bad -
I was involved with the fiasco with Good Night Ben going out of business. Good Night Ben was a Canadian retailer I used to order the furniture at better Canadian prices. Long story short I ended up having to replace the order through my local Bellini store in Charlotte for the same pieces. The local EG Furniture rep was very helpful & said he'd try to push the order through by Christmas - which indeed he did. I had my furniture by Christmas much to my relief. The problem lies in they delivered the wrong chest...a 3 drawer one rather then the 5 drawer one. Bellini claims it was a screw up on EG's fault. I'm told the chest has been reordered; however I am having problems getting a status update as to when the new piece will be in. In the mean time Bellini charged us for the balance (of course!) & has not had good customer service. They claim they have not heard anything from EG. I don't care whose fault it is but at this point I'm due in a month & don't have my correct chest. I'm beginning to question the reliability of EG's customer service & of course I'm not happy with Bellini either because they have not stayed on top of it like they promised me. I'll let you know how it turns out but at this point I'm hesitant to recommend EG Furniture without adding my story.

As far as price - the only "better" pricing I found was from Canadian retailers which ended up in a disaster for me so I would never order from anyone in Canada again. Locally, I found the pricing on EG to be about the same from the 2 stores that order it here. In general I think it is hard to find - I never did see it in person before ordering it, I went on word of mouth. No one in my area carries it on their showroom floor.

julierobin
02-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Hello -- We ordered EG Furniture from a local retailer and love love love love it. The size is large enough to be used as adult furniture, so I know we will have it for a very long time. The quality is great, too -- some of the best craftsmanship we found.

I shopped around and was not able to find better pricing than what our local store in Minnesota had -- and it looks to me like the prices were standard suggested retail price.

If you need a price sheet I could fax what I have to you, but the price sheet if from last spring/summer.

Julie
Mommy to Ben 08/07/2003

Blue_skyz
06-01-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm about to buy an EG furniture set from Buy Buy Baby, a store run by the Bed Bath and Beyond folks with chains in NY, NJ, and MD. They may sell remotely, I'm not sure but you can check their web site at www.buybuybaby.com

Their prices are better than other retailers where I've gotten quotes in this area, and their in store service is wonderful so far.

rfeibelm
06-02-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure they're price controlled. The only place we found it for sale in the Atlanta area was a specialty baby store. For what it's worth, I love it. Well made, good looking, and lots of choices. Of course, my baby is still in my bedroom and hasn't moved into the nursery yet. I suppose he will - someday. :)

Rachel

Eric
06-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I work for buybuyBaby. I can tell you that the quality is excellent.
You will be very happy with that brand. I am glad that you have had a wonderful experience at the store. Thank you.

supersparkee
06-06-2004, 06:54 PM
We also have EG furniture and really like it. We got the Chloe collection in the natural finish and it's holding up really well (but we haven't reached the toddler years yet)! I got a double dresser to use as my changing station and really recommend it over the hi-low combo if you are short.

I ordered from echildrenonline.com in Canada. They were very nice to deal with but there was a slight mixup with my order and I had to call them twice before they figured out the error. They had it shipped directly from the manufacturer to save on shipping costs but for some reason, the mfg shipped it to the store by mistake (didn't cost me extra though). We calculated we saved about $500 on the five pieces we ordered (crib, 5-drawer chest, double dresser, nightstand and mirror) by ordering from Canada and could have saved more if we ordered 2 months earlier before the exchange rate changed.