PDA

View Full Version : Nursery/Kids Room Bookcase

lrgeller
01-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm looking for a good bookcase for my son's room. He's about 21 months, and #2 is due to arrive in about 9 weeks and will share the room eventually. I'd like something tallish (at least 50 inches) that can accomodate books, but it still soft looking. Any suggestions?

Lynnie
01-20-2004, 02:47 PM
I am in the same situation, and am also looking for a nice, sturdy bookshelf. So far, I really like a piece by EG furniture, and there are some nice ones by rumble tuff, also. I am going to get a matching dresser, and want them all to match twin beds eventually, and both companies have a really wide selection of wood colors.

Both have websites if you want to check them out ... not sure if they are soft enough looking, (cause i am not sure exactly what you mean...) but i remember the EG ones saying that all the corners and edges were slightly rounded.

hope this helps, and keep me posted if you have any luck !

lrgeller
01-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks - I will check those out. I guess by "soft" I meant more appropriate to his room than my office. I already have a crib (Pali) in light cognac.. and a similar shade glider.

Lynnie
01-20-2004, 03:08 PM
then definitely check those out - they will be appropriate in a nursery and an older kids room, and don't look businessy or anything. and, i am almost positive both companies would have a matching wood color.

i think the sites are

EGfurniture.com and

rumbletuff.com

i would recommend seeing them in person if possible. they seem pretty pricey, but they should last through high school, so i think it will be worth spending more now, as opposed to going to a cheap local baby shop and getting a cheaper, laminate bookshelf.