PDA

View Full Version : Forever Mine delivery

kyung
01-23-2004, 12:57 PM
I just wanted to update people. I got a call from the Forever Mine people yesterday saying that my furniture had left the warehouse. I should be getting a call from the shipper in about a week to schedule delivery. Yay!!!! It's only been two weeks since I placed the order.

The person from Forever Mine said that if I notied any damage within 48 hours, to contact them and they would take care of it. They also said that another person than the pregnant mom needs to be there to help the shipper. For other people who had the Forever Mine furniture delivered, what does that entail? Are they just dropping it off on our front sidewalk, or are they actually going to be bringing it into our house? Just wondering what other people's experience has been when they had their furniture delivered and what kind of damage I should be looking out for, if any.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Kyung

papal
01-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Congrats! Hope you love the furniture as much as we do!
To answer your question, the delivery guy said that they drop off only to curb-side but he was nice enough to help my husband bring it inside the apartment. There was no damage on the pieces, it was packed pretty well. The dresser came fully assembled, dh had to assemble the crib.. it took about 30 mins and was pretty easy to do.

loritb
01-23-2004, 04:46 PM
We live in a house and the delivery guy helped moved the furniture into our garage, he would have also brought in in the front door, but he couldn't help bring it upstairs.

It was packed pretty well and really no damage. The one thing we did have to deal with were the doors to the armoire weren't properly aligned, but this may be due to my husband and his friend rolling the armoire up our steps. I called forever Mine and they were willing to send either new doors or a new armoire, and they noted it and gave me a week or so to decide. But after sitting upright for a few days, the doors seemed to aligh properly.

Overall, we were very happy.

kyung
01-27-2004, 09:57 PM
I got a call yesterday 1/26/04 from Roadway Express to set up delivery for my baby furniture. Yay!! I called back today and spoke with a very nice person about setting up delivery. They said they usually deliver between 10 and 6. But my husband works, and I told them that wouldn't be convenient. So she was very accommodating and said that they would set up delivery for after 4. I thought that was very nice of them.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed.

1/29/04

We got our furniture last night. The Roadway Express guy was extremely nice. He brought in the front door and took it into the baby's room. My husband did have to help because we got the armoire and 3-drawer dresser, which were huge pieces in the box. We unwrapped everything. We haven't put the crib together yet, but nothing was scratched or damaged. The door on the armoire is a little off. I don't think it's anything we can't live with, but I'm going to call Forever Mine and just mention it to save my options so to speak.

It's very nice furniture, solid wood, natural finish. I was surprised by the size of the drawers, they're quite a good size. When we take the changing pad off, it will work fine as a toddler and child dresser.