PDA

View Full Version : Discount for Great Beginnings Store in MD?

katesk
01-27-2004, 10:31 AM
1. I'm looking for a coupon for the Great Beginnings store in MD. I'm hoping to purchase 2 gliders! and the extra 15% off would be super helpful.

2. Do you know if they could be used for phone orders? do the coupons have a SKU # on them? has anyone done this before? I'm snowed in, and thinking that since I know the exact model numbers I want - I could just do this order over the phone.

Thanks for any help!!!!

kate

brooksmom
01-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Call and ask for Brian, the store manager. We have always worked with him and he is usually very accommodating. Good luck.
Jill

HallsofVA
01-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Check the Clipper magazine for the coupon. Available all across the DC area.

They told me once that I could call and fax in the coupon instead of driving it all the way up there.

emschwar
01-29-2004, 08:11 AM
I ordered our dresser from them 2 weeks ago with a coupon. (I really didn't want to drive all the way down there (45 minutes) in the nasty cold.) I placed the order and they charged my credit card the full amount. Then, they had me mail the coupon in to the attn of the person who took my order. Then they processed a refund on my credit card for the 15% and sent me a receipt. Worked very well!

bambipetals
01-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know exactly where (stores or such) one can pick up a Clipper magazine. I live by Fort Meade and don't get the Clipper here.

HallsofVA
02-02-2004, 10:54 AM
The Clipper magazine/ad pamphlet is mailed to houses along with the the junk mail. I used to throw it out before I realized it actually had a coupon in it I needed. I've never seen it available to pick up in stores, etc. However, it seems like every house in the Washington DC area gets it, so if you don't receive it, ask someone who lives in the area.

The last round of coupons just expired 1/31 (they generally cover a 2 month period), so the new Clipper should be hitting mailboxes this week. I haven't received mine in Herndon yet.

Great Beginnings ran some coupons in the Families magazine in the fall (which you can pick up at children-friendly stores and places like Toys r Us or the YMCA), but I didn't see a coupon in the January edition so they may have stopped doing that.

yiching
02-22-2004, 09:42 AM
I went to Great Beginnings yesterday (2/21/04).
They said the latest coupon expires on April '04.
Does anyone have an extra coupon expires on April '04??
Thank you! :)

villabacio
02-24-2004, 09:58 AM
The coupons have recently been printed in the Clipper magazine (a free coupon magazine that comes in the mail). My mother-in-law emailed the Clipper and they sent her numerous copies... just saved us $75 on our crib!! I think they have a website--do a search for the clipper magazine, or it may be clipper.com (not sure). Hope that helps.

villabacio
02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
I took my expired coupon to Great Beginnings and they honored it anyway--they are incredibly nice there. Ask to speak to a manager and they will be very accommodating!