PDA

View Full Version : Side Rail for Ragazzi Crib Daybed Option

ChicagoMama
01-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi,
I have a convertible ragazzi crib (211C) that converts both to daybed and to a full size bed. Has anyone used this crib as a daybed, OR, has anyone used any bed as a daybed for your toddler? What was your experience? I am debating on spending the roughly $100 for the daybed conversion kit. Would you just go straight to the full size bed and skip the daybed? I already own the full size bed conversion rails.

Thanks,
Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/13/03

(Was formerly pale_ale but had a computer virus/forgot password)

apfb
01-29-2004, 11:16 PM
I am ordering a Ragazzi crib soon, and the owner of the furniture store recommended AGAINST getting the side rail option for the crib. She said that it was a lot of money for something you will use for a few months, maximum one year. She recommended getting a plastic side rail with mesh which could be used on the daybed crib and then also on the twin or full size bed later on.

1st time mom to Maya the Mighty b. 3/2003

ChicagoMama
01-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Thanks!!

BTW -- you will LOVE your crib. I actually have 2 (my DDs are so close together). One has been assembled & reassembled 3 times due to moves, and it is still as sturdy as ever. Also -- no chance that 16 mo old DD#1 will be able to crawl out anytime soon -- it's such a big crib. You won't regret your purchase!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/13/03

(Was formerly pale_ale but had a computer virus/forgot password)

Play Pen
01-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Do not use bed rails for cribs. The directions on these products do not recommend that type of use. They are not to be used with cribs. Use only rails that are recommended by the crib manufacturer. Remember read the directions.