PDA

View Full Version : Bassinett

jenniferd
01-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have a J. Mason wicker bassinett? I am considering purchasing one and want to know about the durability for future children down the road. It is going to be a gift from my grandfather, so I would like it to last past my first baby (on the way!). Thanks!

angusmom
02-03-2004, 03:00 PM
I dont have this bassinet but friends have had it. It's a beautiful item, and seems to hold up well when used normally. However since it doesn't collapse or fold down, you have to dedicate a good amount of space to store it safely because you don't want to stack a lot of other stuff on top of it or right next to it touching it. The bassinet body itself is pretty good size, and the stand it sits on is also good sized and does not collapse or fold at all.

Pottery Barn also sells the same bassinet as J.Mason (must get it from the same factory overseas).

I did hear recently that J Mason is getting out of selling that item, so you may want to call them and find out how much longer you can get it.

Hope this helps!

P.S. If you order the J. Mason bassinet online, I remember a friend of mine paying a whole heapload of shipping charges, because it ships in two Oversized boxes, so the shipping can be $60-100 because literally that is what it costs to send it by UPS.