PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle Cribs

jenniferd
01-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Does anyone out there have a Golden Baby/C&T International (Sorelle) crib from Babies R Us? Babies R Us is one of the only places in town for cribs unless we order one sight unseen (which we are not wild about) and wondered how anyone likes this brand. We are looking specifically at the convertible/3 in one "Jessica" (or I think that is what it is called; it converts to the double bed headboard)

Thanks!

squimp
01-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I don't know about your particular model, but I am planning to get the Sorelle Rita crib. I've been able to look at it closely at a local shop, and am impressed with the quality (solid european beech wood, sturdy, nice drawer underneath), and especially the quiet, smooth mechanism for lowering the crib side. I also looked at Pali and Million Dollar Baby cribs, which are equally lovely, but the mechanism is louder and would wake my jumpy baby. Sorelle cribs were highly rated in BabyBargains.

It's important to note that they company doesn't appear to have a warranty policy. I talked with the store manager, who ensured me they would handle any problems. I'm kind of trusting and like to support local businesses when I can, so it's OK with me. However, this might be something to check with your store.

Momof3Labs
01-30-2004, 05:17 PM
You might want to do a search on this board for Sorelle - you will be able to read many reviews and experiences from other buyers of Sorelle. We have a Sorelle crib and are very happy with it.

amykate
02-04-2004, 02:31 PM
We just bought a Babi Italia crib and dresser/changer combo unit at BRU. We asked about the exact same set you are looking at and the BRU manager said their better brands were Babi Italia, Simmons and Basset. So, for whatever it's worth, that was the opinion we got.
Also, keep in mind that the Golden Baby is made by Sorelle but may nto have some of the nicer (and more costly) features and quality of the Sorelle cribs being discussed on this board.

bambipetals
02-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi,

I recently had a chance to look at a the Golden Baby/Sorelle Rita at BRU and the Sorelle Mara 3 in 1 crib at a local boutique. I was not gentle with them either. I shook them like crazy. The wood was absolutely beautiful...one was a natural and the other was cherry. I was very impressed too with how quiet the drop side was on both of them compared to other cribs I tested.

I don't actually own one yet since I've still got a way to go. But based on my experience, postings on this board and the recommendations of the people working the floor...Sorelle is definitely one of my top two choices.