PDA

View Full Version : Please post your opinion on babycenterplus membership

anutalp
02-01-2004, 06:44 AM
I'm considering purchasing a babycenterplus membership ($25 per year).
Does anybody have an experience with it?
When do you get 10% off and free shipping - is it immediately after you pay for your membership or later?
When exactly do you get 2 15% discounts - do you choose when or they will tell you?
How is your overall experience with babycenter - I mean shipping time, damaged products, etc.
Thanks a lot,
Ana.

HallsofVA
02-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I've been a babycenterplus member since September. I used them to buy almost all of my baby supplies as I prepared for my son's arrival. The free shipping is anytime you spend more than $50, which is a lower level than their usual offers of $80 - $99 to non-members. The often seem to have sales with discounted prices of 10% or so. Since September, they've had 1 15% off sale period, which ran for the first week or two of December. That discount was in addition to any other sales they had going at the time, so I was able to buy several items at really good prices.

In regards to shipping time, I've had only excellent experiences, with items arriving within a few days of my order. I even had one order that arrived the day after I placed it (granted I did place the order at 5:30am). They use a combination of Fedex and the postal service to deliver the items, and ofter ship in multiple packages (with no added shipping cost to you.) When I was shortshipped an item (the packing slip listed it but it wasn't in the box), the customer service person sent the item priority to me without any difficulty.

In regards to the other benefits of membership (Parenting subscription, articles, member forums), I also found those useful and informative, but they weren't the primary reason for joining.

anutalp
02-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Thank you so much for your reply.
I think I'll subscribe as well,it sounds really good.
Ana.