PDA

View Full Version : Help, My brand new sorelle rita crib has really difficult side rail to pull!

ht265
02-01-2004, 11:11 AM
I read a lot of positive reviews on this crib here, nobody complained anything about the side rail. Actually everybody was saying how smooth and quiet it is. I bought one from Buybuybaby yesterday. We were so excited last night, and put together at midnight. Then this side rail just won't go smoothly. I have to use two hands to move it up and down. And It's really noisy. My husband think we can put some grease into the trail. It's just not an appealling idea for me. Anyone has same experience or suggestions? Other then this problem, the whole crib looks great. I hate to bring it back to store for return or exchange since we already assembled it. Please any input will be appreciated.

amp
02-02-2004, 11:46 AM
We have not found this to be a problem with our crib. The rail does make a noise as it snaps into place, but we didn't mind this so much. To be honest, we didn't really even move the rail much until recently. When DS was a newborn, we just left it down. He wasn't going anywhere. Later, we left it up, but were able to reach him just fine. When we moved down one notch on the mattress, he was mobile and usually in a cralwing stance or standing when we got him up, so again, not so much a problem and we didn't move it much except to make the bed. Now, at the lowest mattress setting, we do need to use it, but since he's not such a light sleeping newborn, it doesn't matter anymore. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!