PDA

View Full Version : Does the Bebe sounds doppler really work?

ladythebabygirl
02-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi,
My hubby saw the BEBE Sounds doppler in walmart the other day and wants to buy it but i am wondering if you will really be able to hear the baby's heartbeat from it.

Let me Know

Mel

gamommy2noahnavery
02-02-2004, 03:27 PM
I had one and either didn't know what I was looking/listening for, or it didn't work. . .but that was almost 5 years ago, maybe they are much improved now. . .sorry i coudln't be more help!

snp624
02-02-2004, 03:32 PM
We had this when I was pregnant for my dd but it did not work for me. As a previous poster, maybe I didn't know what I was looking for. My plecenta was on my stomach side though (usually on your back side, I believe), so it might have been blocking the sound (if that's possible...).

cmd903
02-02-2004, 04:50 PM
We have this, and as of 29 weeks, we couldn't hear anything distinctive. We'll keep trying--it does have some entertainment value!

Momof3Labs
02-02-2004, 06:02 PM
If you really want to hear the baby's heartbeat at home, order a Babybeat at www.babybeat.com. It is a medical quality doppler. We had one for a few months, and heard the heartbeat at home even before we heard it at our OB's office! It was nothing more than entertainment value, but I wanted DH to be able to share in the experience more. Once DH could feel movement easily, we sent it back.

Andrea S
02-02-2004, 06:41 PM
We had the babybeat too. I had a miscarriage after they saw heartbeat on u/s so the 2nd time around I got the baby beat and we listened to the hb everynight until 20 weeks.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

JenCA
02-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I have the Bebe sounds, and it's a piece of crap. I started using it relatively late (when I was around 32wks pg) and all I could ever pick up on it was my own heartbeat and the sound of my lunch digesting. I'd spend your money on renting a Babybeat instead.

houseof3boys
02-02-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm another babybeat fan. I got it at 17 weeks and returned it at 35 weeks. We listened everyday to the heartbeat and during scares it was a wonderful thing to have. I was on bedrest at 30 weeks so this was a blessing to have during this time. We have several recordings saved of the heartbeat too that I recorded!

It is worth every penny IMO if you need peace of mind since the sound is fantastic.

s7714
02-03-2004, 01:36 AM
I bought the BEBE one and it never worked for me either--waste of money IMO. Next time I'll check into renting a real doppler like the other posters have mentioned.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

papal
02-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Another recommendation for the Baby Beat. Its about $30 a month to rent but it gives you a peace of mind when you don't feel baby for a long time or it is highly entertaining when you are bored (and the baby has hiccups). :)

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

August Mom
02-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Don't waste your money on the BEBE. You hear things but you have no idea if it's your baby. It was one of the worst baby products I received.