PDA

View Full Version : Forever Mine Furniture - Be Careful!

kkoon
02-03-2004, 10:55 AM
I purchased the All American Crib set from Forever Mine based upon feedback from message boards and their "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policy. We are having problems with the hardware on the crib coming out of the wood itself (plastic gliders on the top side of the rail). When I called Forever Mine they said they have just changed their Satisfaction policy to a 6 month policy so I would have to pay for a replacement part and shipping. Never mind the fact that this wasn't the policy when I purchased the items and I truly feel that the problem is a defect in the product since it is failing with normal wear and tear on the crib.

I have been very disappointed with the quality of the crib and the service behind it. I really expected more from them, but even after speaking with a supervisor they said there was nothing they were willing to do for me. I cannot recommend them based upon the quality of the furniture and the fact they are not willing to stand behind their product. I would be curious to know how much of their profits come from selling replacement parts for their cribs.

papal
02-03-2004, 11:21 AM
YIKES! Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the FM furniture. We have the same crib and are loving it so far. Is there something we can do collectively as FM owners. I am sure they get a lot of customers because of the Baby Bargains book, so if they got negative reviews that would be a hit for them in terms of sales.
Which are the plastic glider you mention? Not the teething rails right?

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

proggoddess
02-03-2004, 09:59 PM
I've had good luck with writing complaint letters on PlanetFeedback.com. I've written letters to Macy's and to Cingular Wireless on Planet Feedback after going the conventional route of calling the company. Planet Feedback got me a quick reply from the companies and I was satisfied with their resolutions of my issues.

sdbc
02-08-2004, 02:27 PM
I would call again and ask to speak with a manager/supervisor. The people who normally answer the phones for customer service never go out of their way, and furthermore, don't always know what they are talking about. Make it clear to the manager what the satisfaction policy was when you purchased the crib. They HAVE to honor that by law!!!!!!!!!!

anita
03-21-2004, 01:16 AM
I just want to chime in our disappointment w/ Forever Mine as well.
The crib we purchased was unsanded on many edges, incl. back headboard. Also, the side is near impossible to lower. They sent us another crib, but it was no better than the first. They then said they could not guarantee a properly sanded crib!
Clearly, their quality and customer service is on the decline......

Anita