PDA

View Full Version : changing table

cherylm
02-04-2004, 01:06 PM
We don't want to buy a combo dresser/changing table because we'd like to purchase more expensive furniture once we get a house (we're in an apartment now). We have a dresser, but it's too narrow to use as a changing table. Any suggestions on good stand-alone tables? I've seen a ton of reviews on various products, but even with the same product they range from really good reviews to really bad reviews. We're looking for something that will last more than one child and for the early toddler years before potty training. Any thoughts? Thanks very much.

HGraceMom
02-04-2004, 02:13 PM
We completely skipped buying a changing table & used whatever surface was available in the house - normally the floor, but sometimes even a changing pad on the dining room table. DD wiggles so much, it's definitely the safest place to change her. I'm so glad we took the numerous suggestions to save money on the changing table & buy a better stroller (ok, strollers) instead...

vikivoly
02-04-2004, 03:32 PM
We had a custom made changing table, so I can't recommend a particular brand. Ours was copied after Pottery Barn Kids basket system. It has worked really well for us and I intend on using it for toy storage later. The changing table is one item we couldn't live without.

There are several threads about changing tables in this forum. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find what you're looking for.

ChicagoMama
02-04-2004, 04:52 PM
I love my changing table for DD#2 from IKEA - it's tall, it's cheap, it's sturdy, you change the baby with s/he facing you, and it's wide enough on top to hold supplies and a changing pad. And it will convert back to a bookcase for kiddie toy/book storage when we're done with it.

Here are the links - if you are anywhere near an IKEA it may be worth the trip to check it out. Looks like it's not available for purchase online.

Visdalen Shelf Unit:
http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=21083&langId=-1&parentCats=10103*10155

Changing Table Top:
http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=20893&langId=-1&parentCats=10103*10155

HTH!
Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/13/03

(Was formerly pale_ale but had a computer virus/forgot password)