PDA

View Full Version : do i need the ottoman with the glider?

sdbc
02-08-2004, 02:12 PM
So, I finally ordered my shermag glider. It was sooo comfy in the store. The ottoman is an extra $200, and I'm not sure whether it will be worth the money or not. Have you found that a stationary stool works just as well? In a way, I wonder if I might like that more (and it's way cheaper) because it'd be easier to "push off" of to rock, since it wouldn't move with the glider. What do you guys think about a stationary ottoman/footstool versus the matching gliding ottoman?

Thanks!

Sue

Momof3Labs
02-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Initially, I ordered my glider without the ottoman, planning to just use the Medela nursing stool with it. Well, I hated it. Then I tried a friend's glider with the ottoman and loved it, so I went back and ordered the matching ottoman and like it MUCH better this way!

houseof3boys
02-08-2004, 06:20 PM
You know, I honestly use both. I love the gliding ottoman (so does DH when he sits with him) when we are just sitting and reading now. When I nurse him in the glider, I use the Medela stool. I don't know how you would nurse with your feet on the gliding ottoman anyway but it is very comfy to sit with your feet up.

The stool is also handy in the beginning to just move about the house and use it in whatever chair/sofa you are sitting in. We also brought it in the car on our first trip when I nursed in the car. I needed it a lot in the beginning until I was a nursing pro! :)

August Mom
02-09-2004, 03:39 PM
IMO, no. You do not need it. It might be nice to have, but it is not a necessity. In whatever your setup is, you will make it work. And, the ottoman takes up a lot of floor space. So, definitely consider that.

I obsessed about this and wound up getting the ottoman with a built-in nursing stool. I used it at the beginning, but really found that I did better without the ottoman. So, in my experience, it is a piece that can be skipped.