PDA

View Full Version : 3-in-1 bedside triad bassinet?

DebHgn
02-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Does anyone have/like/dislike the 3-in-1 basinnet? I think it is Graco.

sdbc
02-09-2004, 02:12 PM
I saw it in the store and liked it, but I decided not to get it because it seemed really small. I'm not sure you could keep a baby in it for more than 2 months. For people who had it--how long did your baby fit comfortably?

It's kind of pricey for something that baby would outgrow quickly.

brigmaman
02-09-2004, 02:26 PM
We used this for a short time when ds was a newborn. He never really liked to be anywhere but in our bed, though.
the sheets were very easy to change
versatility- bassinet, changing table, co-sleeper
price- my mom bought this for us, but it was very reasonable

Dislikes:
The weight limit was pretty low- I can't remember exactly, but ds doubled his birthweight by 2 months, and hated sleeping alone, so it didn't get much use.

Next time, I may opt for the Arm's Reach because I am fairly sure that it has a higher weight limit.

nofeea
02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I used this bassinet and loved it. I may have gotten more use out of it than the average user since DD was a preemie and started out in it at a little over 4 lbs., but even so it should last about 3 months. (We got about 5 mos!) I lent it to a friend after I was done with it and she's used it for about 3-4 months with her full term baby. I think it also depends on when your baby starts to move around. I loved it right next to my bed- it was so easy to reach over for night-time feedings. My neighbor used it more as an extra place to put her baby down in the living room but she really loved it also. I definitely plan on using it for my next baby and hopefully next time I'll set it up as an extra changing area when I'm done with the bassinet feature. (I had no room in my apartment with baby #1.) I have to admit, I didn't love the pattern and maybe "Arms-Reach" has some better ones but I did like the "bassinet" look. HTH...Good luck!

daisymommy
02-10-2004, 12:26 AM
We absolutely loved it, and used it for a long time. I know the weight limit is low (25lbs. I think), but honestly, it could probably hold me in it just fine! It's very sturdy! I think we finally stopped using it and got an Arms Reach co-sleeper when DS was 4-5 months old. And he was a big boy! if I had known we were going to cosleep that long, I would have just bought the Arms Reach to start with. But, if you are only going to have baby sleep next to you for a little while, then I would strongly reccomend it. We still kept it, even after buying the Arms Reach because we loved it so much.

Tip: The best fitting sheets are the Gerber knit cradle sheets!

DebHgn
02-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all the comments! I'm going to get it this weekend.