PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a reputable website w/good deals on nursery furniture?

jennyriver
02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Again, wondering specifically about Sorelle, Berg or PJ Kids, but any great sites would be appreciated!

Momof3Labs
02-11-2004, 05:30 PM
These great deals are hard to find because shipping is so expensive!

Imperia
02-11-2004, 09:34 PM
As Lori said it's difficult find good deals on line for furniture (especially big pieces like dressers) because shipping raises the price significantly. Also, if you order online you need to be extremely careful that teh company packs and ships it properly. You need to consider (and ask the company!) what their policy is regarding items damaged in shipping. I have heard absolute horror stories about cribs that were cracked etc in shipping and the customers had a heck of a time getting new items, replacenment parts or refund etc.

I do know some people have gotten good deals on Ebay but that varies by seller.

Imperia

AMills
03-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Buying furniture online is very tricky because of the shipping factor. Sometimes you end up paying more in shipping then you should have and sometimes in shipping the merchandise is damaged. Then you also need to think about if something occurs after you get the crib. Basically if you have a missing part or something will the website be able to help you with those problems. If you in the Mississippi area I suggest that you visit a babystore in Jackson called PlayPen. They have a website but they don't show any furniture on it but their in store sales on furniture is worth the trip over there. Their web address is www.babysupermarket.com.
Good Luck
AMills

kfcboston
03-09-2004, 10:35 AM
My cousin and I both found screaming deals (even when you account for shipping!!) at http://www.simmonsjp.com/closeout/ - the Simmons furniture overstocks page. The furniture arrived in great shape and we got great deals on them. And the furniture (cribs and combo dressers) are good quality, IMO. I think the site can be hit or miss, and often they'll only have one piece in a particular design. But you never know what you'll find!

Good luck!

chrisallen56
03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
www.babyage.com

shipping is like $3.95 - for ANYTHING. The selection is odd and changes often, but for $4 shipping, you can't beat that!

And, they sell everything from pak 'n plays to carseats, strollers, etc, to furniture.