PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Crib for Grandma's House

Jen in Chicago
02-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Grandma wants a crib. It will be used a handfull of times a year is my guess. Any recommendations?

JElaineB
02-13-2004, 10:30 AM
We just use a Pack 'n' Play at Grandma's house. DS takes naps in it a couple of times a week. It is very easy to fold down if she wants to get it out of the way.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

amp
02-13-2004, 11:00 AM
We also just use a PNP, but we take ours with when we go. It's easy to travel with, it collapses, and it's perfectly adequate for DS to sleep in for a few days or weeks.

SunnyGirl
02-13-2004, 01:18 PM
My family is thinking about this same question!

For those of you who use a PNP, how does the weight limit compare a crib?

My MIL lives 15 min from us and we see her a lot. She is trying to decide if she should get a crib or a PNP. The PNP is nice because she can move it around her house conveniently. But if the crib will last longer or be used longer than the PNP, she'll get that instead.

What would you recommend?

Thanks!

amp
02-13-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't know the weight limit for our PNP off the top of my head, but our crib converts to a toddler bed, so I would venture to guess that the weight limit on the crib is higher. If you are talking about a portacrib, I don't know if the weight limit on those are lower than on regular cribs or not. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I recommend you look at online stores to find out the weight limits for the items you are interested in. I would think they would list those limits or you could call customer service to ask.

Jen in Chicago
02-17-2004, 04:41 PM
She already has a PNP, but wants a crib. Jude is not used to a PNP, so when he has to use one it is a problem. We have enough sleep issues already!

We need to use it at home some, but the opportunity is never there with daycare and all.

hellokitty1
02-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Jen-

We got a portacrib for Grandma's from BRU (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000056HND/qid=1077071169/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-0149538-4871015?v=glance&s=baby)

We had been bringing the PNP but Sydney does not really like the PNP as she feels very confined by it and gets irritated if she finds herself in it. Also, the PNP won't fit through the door unless it is collapsed but the portacrib has wheels and fits through the doorway which is nice. It can also fold up when not in use. I don't remember the weigh limit off-hand but I recall it being higher than a PNP.

HTH.

toomanystrollers
02-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Depending on what part of the country you're in, you can check out "craigslist" online for a gently used crib. In the New England area, the "Want Advertiser" is printed every Tuesday - loaded with great baby gear. I have a hand-me-down crib from my SIL at my mom's house - IMO, so much better than a PNP.