PDA

View Full Version : We just bought a child craft 211701 and we noticed it has wooden thing to hold mattress

ladythebabygirl
02-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi,
We just purchased a discontinued model of childcraft from the childcraft outlet. And did not check to see what kind of support it had for mattress. We just got it home and hubby noticed it has a wooden piece that goes the whole length of the mattress. Does anyone have a crib with this type of support for the Mattress. Is it safe or should we take the crib apart and return it and find one with the metal springs?

Please let me know ASAP
I am very concerned
and if it is not safe is it possible to get the metal springs and put them on the crib if the wooden board is not safe.

Mel

mattiew
02-14-2004, 07:02 PM
My in-laws just bought something similar for their house (they haven't set it up yet), so I'm curious too!

Carrie

Imperia
02-14-2004, 07:20 PM
What is the piece like? My Pali crib has a wooden deck for matress support...it's like a wooden grid similar to what you might find on an adult's bed. I was told by my delivery guy that Pali uses this supoprt system on all their convertible and children's beds so I assume it is quite safe. I don't know about your version but ours is very sturdy.

Imperia

ayshacmc
02-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Well-- there is alot of cribs that are made that way. The guy at BRU told me that it would only concern him if the baby/kid--when it was more of a toddler would ever jump on it.

But I do have a question for you. I live 2 hours away from the childcraft outlet in KY. Is that the one you went to and how were the prices? Is it worth the drive? What else do they have? Thanks for all your help?

Aysha
EDD 6/17/04

ladythebabygirl
02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I went to the childcraft outlet in MA. Here is what i did i walked and asked for a specific model. which they did not have and then they told me that they may have it upstairs. Upstairs from the store in MA had alot cheaper priced cribs,dressers, etc.
I would def make a trip there and ask them when u get there if you dont like the prices on main floor if they have a second floor.
The prices on the first floor are great too but second floor prices are a bit better.

Mel

ladythebabygirl
02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I went to the childcraft outlet in MA. Here is what i did i walked and asked for a specific model. which they did not have and then they told me that they may have it upstairs. Upstairs from the store in MA had alot cheaper priced cribs,dressers, etc.
I would def make a trip there and ask them when u get there if you dont like the prices on main floor if they have a second floor.
The prices on the first floor are great too but second floor prices are a bit better.

Mel

mattiew
02-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Aysha,
When you referenced the childcraft outlet in KY are you referring to the Kiddie Kastle warehouse in Louisville (there is a Child Craft outlet in IN and a Kiddie Kastle warehouse outlet in KY that sells child craft)? If so...it is a tiny store that has cribs, some dressers, bedding, decor items, and other odds and ends. If you aren't particular about the style crib you want, you may have luck. I have two friends that purchased there; one bought a plain white crib and the other a dark wood convertible. I looked there a couple times but didn't end up buying anything. The days they are open are very limited (2 or 3 a week), the prices are lower than regular children's specialty furniture stores. If you have any particular colors or styles in mind let me know and I will run over and see what they have and the prices.

HTH!
Carrie

ayshacmc
02-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Thank you so much for the information. I was looking at the 36101 Lifetime Crib N' Double Bed. Really haven't picked the color yet- I think the Cherry would be to dark. I really haven't decided if that is the one I want. But I didn't know how the prices are there. Let me know what they find. And actually the stores hours and days would be good too! Thanks!
Aysha
edd 6/17/04