PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Babygo Playard

peggyo_2003
02-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Regarding Pack 'N Plays and the like, I just wanted to post a warning about the Evenflo BabyGo Playard. This is a nice looking palyard with bassinet and changing table options like the Graco models. It is sturdy and advertized to be the lighter than others, whcih is why we registered for it. The downside is that one cannot purchase sheets for the bassinet. Graco sheets don't fit. Evenflo doesn't make sheets to fit and says there is no way to place a sheet on the bassinet because the basket and mattress are one unit. When I mentioned that people want to use a sheet for baby to sleep on, and that it is dangerous to have a loose sheet that baby could get tangled in or smothered by, I was told that the bassinet is not designed for sleeping but only for setting the baby in while he/she is awake. Why call it a bassinet then?

hellosmiletoday
02-26-2004, 05:32 PM
I e-mailed EvenFlo, as I was interested in purchasing the Babygo "seamist" playard. They checked with their engineers, who said that although Evenflo does not make sheets, that the Graco sheets do fit, or alternatively I could use a receiving blanket.

I'm a bit confused now, especially after reading a review on Amazon/BRU about the same issue. Although I really liked the design of the crib, I don't want to purchase the playard and then have to return it.

As I am going to use a regular bassinet for our small master bedroom (in which a playard wont fit), I will be using the playard solely in the living room and for vacation trips.

Is this why Graco's are the preferred playpens according to the book...are the other brands that bad???

Eloise36
02-28-2004, 07:35 AM
I was surprised to hear that the Graco sheets wouldn't fit because the Evenflo Babygo Playard looks like a standard size pack-n-play/bassinet. Maybe you could try Kushies pack-n-play sheets, which are elastic all around, which should ensure a good fit.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/kuss345.html

Another suggesion I once heard on the boards is to put the bassinet/pack-n-play pad in a king size pillow case, fold the pillow case over and put that side under the pad.

Good luck!
Louise and James (9/29/03)

peggyo_2003
03-02-2004, 03:00 PM
I don't think using a king size pillow case would work, though it's a good thought. The bassinett pad is actually fixed to the holding basket, so you can't place something around the whole mattress.

peggyo_2003
03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I finally made it to the store to check out the Playard sheet issue. I took a Graco sheet with me and it does fit the Evenflo playard, but loosely. The sheet definately fits the Graco models better. Both have removable mattresses - in contrast to what I was told by the Evenflo rep on the phone. I found the mattress and bassinet on the Evenflo to be more flimsy and not as firm as the Graco mattress. I ended up trading my Evenflo in on a Graco, but if you really like the Evenflo - it is still nice and sheets will work.