PDA

View Full Version : Help! I am having twins!

jmcknight
02-26-2004, 05:00 PM
I just found out that I am having twins and I also have a DD who will be 1 and a half when they are born. I hope to transition her to a bed soon after but am wondering if anyone has had experience with this. Are there bassinets that accomodate twins? Can they sleep in the same crib for a while so I don't need 3 cribs? Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

hobzoo
02-27-2004, 05:07 AM
HI

I am also having twins ...end of May and DD will be 1 1/2 years old ..so we are in the same boat. Are you short on space ..about the 3 cribs...? or is it financial ...that you only want to buy one more crib?

i am asking because I was advised NOT to take dd out of her crib early. This may not help you but I am allowing dd to stay in crib until SHe is ready to switch to a bed...(Hers is a convertible crib)

I found that BRU and Baby Depot , so far, have offered a 20% discount for having twins ...on all second items!.....

also, I have been told that the twins CAN sleep in the same crib in the beginning ...it is really your choice but supposedly , they are more than happy to sleep in same crib in the beginning ( so used to being close in the womb).

Anyway, when are you due....hope all goes well... will you be getting a triple stroller...I just bought two used ones from a multiples group..

If you have a mothers of multiples group in your area ...that is also very helpful ...you may find someone selling barlely used cribs for not much $$...

good luck,
Karen
Mom to Ariana and Baby A and Baby B.....(May 25, 2004)

crl
02-27-2004, 10:29 AM
DH was a twin. He and his sister slept in the same crib for quite some time. MIL actually had to cut his hair to keep his sister from pulling it--so I guess the arrangement must have lasted quite awhile. Of course, this was over 30 years ago. . . .

HTH,