PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Dekor + question (HELP!)

charleyc
03-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Ok, mommies...
We just got a Diaper Dekor+ for the nursery.
What the heck are the 2 metal pieces for that are in the bottom of the first bag? There are no directions with the unit (let's face it...it's can't be that difficult to operate!), but these 2 pieces were in the first bag when I took the unit out of the box. They look like bolts or rods or something (without the grooves)at about 3 inches long and 1/2" thick.

I can't figure out where they go! HELP!!

mattiew
03-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Mine required no assembly and didn't have anything in the first bag. After looking at my Dekor + and from your description, I think the rods are the weights that are attached to the underside of each door/flap that covers the bag opening. If you lift open both top pieces (the one that opens with the foot pedal and then the one that you actually stick the diaper through) you should be able to see the underside of the door flaps. On the outside edge of each door/flap should be a large metal rod. If they are there then I think you have extras, if they are missing I don't know if you will be able to snap them in place (mine seemed very secure) and you may have to return it.

Hope this made sense - if not let me know and I will try and clarify.

HTH!
Carrie

charleyc
03-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Carrie-
That makes perfect sense! I just looked and that's exactly where they go. I had to "install" them myself and I actually thought I was going to break the plastic because they fit so snuggly, but now the "flap" mechanism works as it should, too.

Thanks again!

Take care,