PDA

View Full Version : forever mine

jschmidt
03-02-2004, 04:34 PM
does anyone have any info. on the forever mine cribs and dressers. my wife and i saw that they have a good ranking in the baby bargains book, but am skeptical about such a large purchase on-line without having seen the actual product. is the crib sturdy. how about the dressers? what about height?

papal
03-02-2004, 05:06 PM
if you do a search for Forever Mine in this forum you will get quite few hits.
We have the crib and dresser (with changing top) and are very happy with both.

westchicagomom
03-02-2004, 05:10 PM
We were a bit skeptical too since my husband cares a lot about the quality of furniture. We ordered the All American crib and armoire in cherry and are happy with them both. They are very sturdily built. The armoire is a lifesaver since we live in an old house with few closets. We were a bit unhappy with the service however. The six weeks they had promised for delivery came and went. We called them and they got back to us a day or so later. Miraculously the shipment went out that day. Then it sat (FOR A WEEK!!) in a warehouse 3 miles away because this was a low priority delivery for the shipping company. Since someone who can carry heavy furniture must be home when they deliver, my DH took the morning off. When they didn't show up, we called and they said they forgot. So he had to take the next morning off. YOU have to help them carry it off the truck, yet the delivery guy wouldn't even help DH carry it 100 feet down the hall to the nursery. A lot of the service part depends on the local shipping company I guess. It is a good price for good furniture, so despite the hassle, we would probably do it again.

Not sure what you mean about the heights - they are listed on their website if you want to check them. The armoire is a child's armoire so it is less than 6 feet tall

bambipetals
03-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Hi,

Just in case you didn't know. Many Army and Air Force bases carry some of the Forever Mine furniture. If you have access or family/friends that have access. Call the local PX or Exchange to see it they have it so you can take a look in person.

I know 3 of the military bases (I'm in Maryland) near me carried the 3 drawer and the 4 drawer as well as the Swing Gate crib. Although, the All American would have been nice. I shook them all like crazy and they were very sturdy and well made. Good Luck!

Stephanie
EDD 6/2/04

nicoleflynn
03-03-2004, 11:47 AM
We have recently ordered All American crib, 3-drawer dresser and armoire from them. Overall it is a good quality furniture but I am not too happy with the finish job. We ordered them in white, I wish we selected honey color since minor imperfections would not be so apparent. In our case crib is OK but the paint job on armoire is bad. There are spots they didn't put enough paint and I am very picky about it. My DH thinks it is not that big of a deal but considering how much we paid including the shipping, it is a big deal for me. We asked them to send us new doors for armoire, and also first time the dresser top was split on ends and we sent it back. Service was good, they shipped the new dresser next week and sent new doors for armoire but even new doors were not painted that good. My suggesstion to you is to order honey color and when your shipment arrives, open up the boxes and inspect everything before you move it to upstairs or the delivery guy leaves. If there is a problem with doors or drawers, they can ship it separately but if there is a problem with the main unit, it is better to reject the delivery and ask for a new one. BTW, crib and dresser turned out to be pretty big. Check dimensions and the room because in our case, all three pieces filled in the room. Last thing is the smell. It smells quite a bit at first but it has been a month for us now and the smell seems to go away gradually.