PDA

View Full Version : Organic wool/cotton mattress

holliam
03-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi,

I know the Fields don't think these are worth it (though the price they quoted was $650 and I have yet to find one that high!), so I don't want to get into a debate about it.

I would just like to hear from any other parents who chose to buy an organic wool/cotton crib mattress. I keep seeing the same one for about $289 at just about every site I find. So, I'm guessing it's probably the same.

I know it's pricey, but for those of us who would prefer this type of mattress, could someone give me any information about which site you purchased from, etc.?

Thanks,
Holli

Second time parents
03-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi. I do not know firsthand about these types of mattresses, but I posted the other day about the latex talalay mattress. My little girl was waking up with a stuffy nose everyday and I did not know what to do. The doctors said it was due to the weather. I called a store about another product and we got to talking. They told me about how they were experiencing the same thing themselves and they tried a latex mattress. With these mattresses, the dust mites are unable to live and they said that the stuffy heads disappeared. Anyways, to make a long story short, I purchesed one of these in a crib mattress and low and behold, Jenny's stuffy nose was gone. Along with the dust mite thing, these mattresses also do not give off gases like the others. My advice is to try and contact them and let them give you the same info they gave me. As far as others saying what to buy and not to buy, unless you or someone you know tries something and it does not work....well I'll let you finish this sentence. Good luck! www.rockingchairstore.com or 1-800-454-5315

MOSh513
03-09-2004, 08:58 AM
I think a very similar talalay latex mattress sold by Childcraft. I found this website:
http://www.barebabies.com/banalamafrch.html
When I contacted The Rocking Chair Store they quoted me $350.00 delivered. This one from childcraft appears to be $199.00 delivered. I wonder if it is the same?

holliam
03-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info on the latex one. It's good to hear some personal reports on those. I've looked at them at several stores online too. I think I'm still leaning more towards the wool/cotton one. Wool naturally prevent dust mites too. Of course, if she has a wool allergy, we'd be out of luck there!

Who knew crib mattresses were so complicated!

Holli