PDA

View Full Version : Help--how much to ask for discount from floor model?

holliam
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
My Ragazzi crib I procrastinated in ordering is discontinued! The floor model has been on the floor for 3 months. How much of a discount should I ask for? Is $100 enough?

Holli

tinkerbell1217
03-09-2004, 08:56 PM
I would think that would be fair. How much is the regular price??

kransden
03-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Ask for 50% off and take 25%. Make sure you are taking it with you when you buy it. If you tell the manager you will take it with you RIGHT NOW, they are often more favorable to the deal. All they can say is no.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Tampa-Chrissie
03-15-2004, 12:33 PM
I doubt the store has enough markup to even consider 50%. I work pt for a baby store and we'll do 5%-10%. It's a low amount for two reasons, its in stock and there is never any damage to them. I bought my Ragazzi as a floor model and there is not one mark on it. Can't hurt to ask, good luck.
-Chrissie

holliam
03-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Okay, you made me feel better. The crib is in great shape, no marks, etc. I got about 15% off on it, and it was already on sale. So, I feel pretty good about it. I probably could have tried to knock it down more, but truthfully, this is the only crib in existence that my DH liked at all. So, I just couldn't risk it.

Holli

Tampa-Chrissie
03-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Which model is it? Mine was a color Ragazzi discontinued, Red.
-Chrissie

holliam
03-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Mine was crib 111c in Antico Mist. The color wasn't discontinued in our case (luckily since we ordered other pieces), but the crib was!

Holli

sbjf
03-18-2004, 12:32 AM
My whole Ragazzi set were floor models. They had a sale going on at the time that was giving 15% off of most Ragazzi's AND an additonal 15% off of Ragazzi floor models.

PLUS, I bargained an additional $350. off of the final price of the whole set (crib/nightstand/4 drawer chest/hutch/dresser).

This was at Georgia Baby & Kids in the Atlanta area. Any independent store should be able to match that type of bargaining. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

My set is Snowdrift from the Colors of the Rainbow collection, except for the crib which was from some other collection that started with an M (Ragazzi).