PDA

View Full Version : 29" safe crib that can roll through doorways

magda2B
03-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Is there such a thing? Would love to be able to roll the crib out as our 3rd bedroom will also be a guest room. Grandma's house could use the same. Anyone have experience in this?

angusmom
03-11-2004, 04:03 PM
What you would need is what is called a Portacrib, but since pack n plays have become so popular I have no idea who would even make portacribs anymore.

It's a smaller size crib, commonly used by day care centers and nurseries who need to put a lot of cribs in one room.

I found this link searching Google, but it looks like it's to some web site that wouldn't know anything about the product - they are just an affiliate site trying to make money posting links to everything they can:
http://www.babies-products-store.com/Childesigns-Stowaway-Portacrib.asp

If you keep searching the Web or call retail stores using the word portacrib, you will probably find what you need.

Momof3Labs
03-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Cribs are a standard size, so to get a smaller crib, you need to go with a portacrib. Here's a link to one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000056HKI/qid=1079061479/br=1-10/ref=br_lf_ba_10//102-1046882-4168951?v=glance&s=baby&n=542368

But I don't know if you would be happy using one all the time - they aren't as sturdy or as nice as standard cribs.

I'd suggest going with a good, sturdy crib at home and use a pack n play in your room when you need baby to sleep somewhere else. And get an extra pack n play for Grandma's house.

magda2B
03-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Thank you for your responses! Yes, I'm asking for the impossible. I have been able to find 29.5" cribs from manufacturers the Fields' label as A or A-...but still half inch too much to get through the doorway...darn. Standard mattresses are 28".

Grandma has A crib a pack n play and a portacrib (aren't we lucky!) and 4 grandkids under 2. We all descend upon her for holidays and while we are lucky to have our our own floor and plenty of room, it would be great not to have to break down and put up the crib depending on which kid is most likely to break out of the portacrib and pack n play.

Again, thanks.