PDA

View Full Version : Golden Baby/C&T "jessica" and "Rita" cribs, the same thing?

jennmw
03-15-2004, 11:57 AM
My husband and I went crib shopping this past weekend and after 4 1/2 hours of looking, we decided we really like the Golden Baby "Jessica" crib at Babies R Us. I know that this is also the C&T Int'l company and did a search on here and someone said that the "jessica" is the equivalent to the "Rita" of Sorelle but to me they look slightly different. Has anyone seen these two in person that can say they really are the same crib?

Also, has anyone bought this crib from Babies R Us? Did you have to order it?

leslieinmaryland
03-15-2004, 01:23 PM
I just purchased the Rita crib and if you get it be aware that it is not made in Italy and it is not beech wood as advertised. I'm not very happy with what we received. Good luck

jennmw
03-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the tip. Did you not see it in person? I think we are going to stick with the Jessica one we found at Babies R Us as we've seen it in person and were pleased with it in the store.

leslieinmaryland
03-15-2004, 02:24 PM
We did see one, but I think it was slightly different. It had wheels, which I'm told they don't send with the crib anymore and it had a smoother finish. Maybe I saw a previous season's model? According to the Sorelle guy, the switch to Latvia is a newer thing.
It still looks nice, just not totally what I was expecting. I bet you can't go wrong with either.

camommmy
03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
We also ordered the Golden baby Jessica crib from BRU. We ordered it about a month ago, and they told us it would take about 3-4 months to come in (we ordered the cherry finish which they told us is "special order" therefore taking so long). I really liked this crib - good price, good features.

jennmw
03-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks! I ended up calling Babies R Us to find out, we are going to get it in the Natural color that and they said it would only take 7-14 days to get in. But, if I wanted it in any other color it would be special order, like yours. That crib will look gorgeous in cherry!

jenniebean
03-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi there! We purchased the Jessica crib in Natural from BRU and LOVE IT!!
The only thing that I wish was that the drawer was a bit sturdier, but overall, the crib is wonderful!
It took about 10 days to get in since they didn't have it in stock, but the crib sticker does say that it was made in Italy and of solid Beech.
We technically had to order it since it wasn't in stock, but since it was a stock item, we didn't have to pay any special costs or fees.

I haven't seen the Rita, so I can't compare, but I HTH!

Jenn

jennmw
03-16-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm glad to hear it!!! My mom is coming in next Tuesday so she can see it and we can order it (they are buying it for us). I wish the other furniture that goes with it wasn't so darn expensive b/c we loved it as well.

jenniebean
03-16-2004, 03:03 PM
I am with you on the price of the other pieces to the set. We decided to register for the changing table since it was the cheapest out of the set, but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend $500.00 on a dresser.
My husband decided that we're just going to go to a regular furniture store to buy a dresser and any other pieces that we may need. It's just amazing how much putting Baby or Nursery in front of something hikes the price up by at least 20%!

Good luck with your choice!

jennmw
03-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Oh ya I agree. We actually saw a 6 drawer dresser at Target that we are going to use for a changing table for $130 a lot better than the $500 they want to charge! It has matching bookcases too that are about $30 each so I think we are going to do that.

jenniferd
03-16-2004, 04:55 PM
We bought the "Jessica" as well as the Hi-Lo that went with it in the natural (beech) color from BRU. No problems with delivery and set-up and everything was in good condition when we received. We actually opted for the Hi-Lo because we thought the quality of the piece was pretty good for the cost (dove tailed drawers, etc) compared to similar pieces in other brands. Only complaint is that it is taking a while to get rid of that lacquer smell... Happy shopping!

Jennifer

jennmw
03-16-2004, 05:02 PM
That was the piece we were looking at. We just couldn't justify spending so much, but who knows my mom might get up there and decide we have to have it, and who am I to get in the way of Grandma, lol.

jenniferd
03-16-2004, 05:23 PM
I do know what you mean about the price, though. We had gone back and forth and then decided to just go ahead and spend the money for it and as it turned out, my mom and dad wound up buying it when they bought the crib....gotta love generous grandparents! I actually would have preferred the tall dress to transition better to the "big boy" room, but no way could I change him on it!

If she is anything like my mom, I have a feeling that grandma might just decide to match the set for you....hope you have a fun shopping excursion and don't forget the mattress!

jennmw
03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Ya, knowing my mom I can see her buying it. If she does the baby will end up having better furniture than us, lol. Honestly, if she is willing to spend that money I would much rather her spend it on a few other things we want like a travel system, stroller, carrier, things like that. But I won't complain, lol.

chrisallen56
03-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Also, check out www.babyage.com (cheap prices). They only charge like $3.95 for ANY shipping! And yes, the Rita is the Jessica (the smaller Jessica, not the 3-in-1). We got the 3-in-1 from BRU and love it. We also got a changing table combo thingy from Wal-Mart (of all places) for $89, it matches perfectly, and for 1/5 the price! Yahoo!

jennmw
03-19-2004, 10:17 AM
We've seen that one at Walmart, is it by Ameriwood? Is the quality ok?