PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have cribs in stock?

KBecks
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm wondering if Toys R Us or Baby Depot would have basic cribs in stock. In my area, we have Toys R Us, Baby Depot, USA Baby, Sears, and a Bellini store.

I'm looking for a simple, white, inexpensive crib, (under $300) and if possible would like to avoid the hassle of ordering and waiting.

Someone here posted the link to the Simmons factory overstocks, which may be a great solution for us, excpet that would mean purchasing sight unseen, except for a photo. And the factory is at least a 2-hour drive from my house.

Also, I'm hoping for a crib that will last for a few kids.

My thought is to go for inexpensive versions of most products whenever possible, but perhaps go for more quality on a few items, such as the stroller.

Which item do you think is the most important for a more expensive purchase to get the most value for the money? It seems to be strollers, but I might be wrong on that.

KBecks
edd - sometime in November

MayMomElizabeth
03-17-2004, 03:58 PM
I've been surprised at how much USA Baby seems to keep in stock, or be able to get quickly. Finding something inexpensive there will probably be a challenge, *but* every time I've been in there they've had floor models for sale. If you happen to like the style and color, a floor model would be excellent, IMO.

FWIW, they had my Pali crib in stock the day I bought it. I'm also getting a Pali changing table from them; bought it on Monday and it should be here this week.

kijip
03-17-2004, 05:39 PM
You should be able to get a crib for about or less than $300. You want something that is quality so it will last, especially if you are thinking of having more. The crib will be in use for 2-3 years so getting the cheapest one may backfire.

The quality of stroller you need greatly depends on how much you will use the stroller. If you walk everywhere, invest in a good stroller afte the birth of your baby.

Tampa-Chrissie
03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
I work pt for an independent baby/juvenile furniture store and we always have over 100 cribs in stock. Your local independent store maybe a good option for you.
-Chrissie