PDA

View Full Version : Changing Table attachments and pads

acrazy
03-18-2004, 07:47 PM
I just ordered the dresser we will use as a changing table and am wondering about the difference between just attaching a changing pad to it and attaching one of those changing table attachments. Aside from price, what are the advantages of doing it one way over the other? Thanks!!!

farsk
03-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Hello!

We have a dresser that we are using as a changing area. We have a contoured change pad that has two short nylon straps on one side. We simply screwed them into the back side of the dresser, with washers to make it more secure. The pad doesn't move off of the dresser, but does move up and down (so you can clean under it). Our daughter is 7.5 months old and this system has worked great for me (5'4") and my husband (6'1").

Good Luck!

hwin708
03-19-2004, 02:56 AM
If you mean just sticking it to the table itself, I'm certain it can be done, and very securely, but it would probably damage the dresser top. I mean, what would you do - screw it directly into the wood? Use mounting tape, which could mess up your finish or, wose, not hold completely secure?
The pad's attachment is very easy to screw into the wall.

amp
03-19-2004, 11:41 AM
We also have a contoured changing pad attached to a hi-lo dresser and it works great for us. It's attached to the back of the dresser by the nylon straps. There are also straps to hold the baby in place if needed. We feel very secure using the contoured pad.

acrazy
03-21-2004, 02:35 AM
OP here. Thanks for the responses.

Let me clarify...

The choice is whether to attach a contoured pad or whether to buy a changing table attachment--it's a little raised and has short sides around it and tends to match the furniture and you put the changing pad on that. Any thoughts?

Thank you!!

amp
03-22-2004, 11:31 AM
We only used the pad, as I stated above.

JuneMommy
03-23-2004, 07:49 PM
We had the same dilemma and opted to go with the changing table attachment ... the Morigeau dresser alone would only be 31"H, a bit too low for me (5'7") and hubby (5'9").

Good luck!!!

acrazy
03-23-2004, 09:49 PM
So it's an issue of height then? Is that the only consideration? Thanks again.