PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on the quality of Bellini products in New York

sherripc
03-29-2004, 08:58 PM
My husband and I have been searching for cribs and accessories and have found some stuff at Bellini that I really like. The book rating for Bellini isn't too positive, so I was wondering about people's experiences. Thanks.

tinkerbell1217
03-29-2004, 11:22 PM
I haven't actually bought anything at Bellini, but we have two here in So. Florida and I have been to the one in Aventura (No. Miami) and the sales staff was nice, but a little uppity (is that a word???). Their furniture is expensive, as is their bedding, and I don't see that its better quality than a Pali or Berg or even Simmons crib. Sure, you get underbed storage and nice finishes, innovative changing areas, but all in all, I think its overpriced. The only bedding line I saw last time I was there was Nava's Designs. Something like $600 per set! Add that to the already high priced crib and changing area/dresser/bookcase looking thing, plus a crib mattress. I think the reason the book rating isn't too good is solely based on what you get for that HUGE price tag. The quality is probably fine, but the prices are too high in the Field's opinion. Mine too.

Kelly

dowlinal
03-30-2004, 11:36 PM
I just bought a Bellini crib in Feb and we love it. We were desparate to find a crib because the canalli crib we originally bought was defective and Bellini was able to deliver what we wanted within a week. The crib was more expensive than others but it is so well made that I honestly think my grandchildren will be able to use it. I was debating between the Bellini and a crib at buybuybaby that was $200.00 cheaper and this one just seemed so much sturdier. If money isn't an issue for you then I would go for the Bellini.