PDA

View Full Version : Moses Baskets?

wjo4244
04-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Hello! Has anyone ever used a Moses Basket for their baby? Are they useful or just a waste of money? Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendi

Jacksonvol
04-05-2004, 11:52 PM
I bought a Moses basket before DD was born and it was a waste of money. She was in her bassinet, crib, swing or bouncy seat. I did put her in the basket a couple of times while we were in the living room, but she did not seem comfortable. That said, the basket is really cute and it was my one "baby" purchase. Now it is in her nursery and holds part of her toy stash (I really should have splurged on a toy box instead) and I guess she can use it for her baby dolls later. The cat has also had an eye on it, so it may become very expensive pet furniture.

If I had it to do over, I would have put the money towards the swing. She lived in it for the first four weeks and still likes to hang out in it for naps.

tapr
04-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I agree, we have one and hardly ever used it. They look nice but prove are not very functional.

smallestangel
04-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi

We used ours all the time when we first came home from the hospital.

I had a c-section, so we stayed downstairs for the majority of the time (going up and down the stairs was something I only did about once a day, ouch!) So we kept Jacob in his Moses basket all day long until we went upstairs to bed and he went in his crib. He still sleeps in it quite often. For us, it's been very useful.

Amanda &
Jacob born 3/11/04

Momof3Labs
04-08-2004, 10:57 PM
We only used it for a month or so, but it was very useful during that time. I didn't have a bassinet; we set the Moses basket on our bed at night instead. When we transitioned Colin to his crib at about 4-6 weeks old, we let him sleep in there in the basket for a while, and gradually made the transition.

I got a good deal on mine, about $60 through Martha Stewart. I don't think that I would spend $100+ on one, which is what they seem to retail for.