PDA

View Full Version : Are Pottery Barn Kids crib sheets and bedding good quality?

jp96
04-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Hello,

We are expecting a boy at the end of June. I just purchased a PBK "baseball" pattern kids bumper, 2 sheets, dust ruffle, and quilt (more for decoration than anything), and it was all on a big sale for around $90. It is made of a wide wall corduroy, and the bumper is lined on the inside with cotton.

I'm wondering if others have had experiences with PBK bedding and wanted to get their thoughts on whether their products are high quality, minimal shrinkage. I just talked to a friend who had a baby a few years ago, and she hated the PBK stuff. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't such a bargain after all. She said her bumper was very thin, but the one that I bought actually seems very thick. Her sheets shrunk up too. Also, will corduroy be a dust magnet?

Thanks for your input!
JP96

AdoptChina
04-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I only have the sheets (we didnt do bumpers). The sheets have held up well.........but since they are all cotton, take them out of the dryer right away or they wrinkle (and I hate to iron lol).

mattiew
04-07-2004, 03:41 PM
I have sheets (flannel and regular cotton) and a dust ruffle; I've been really happy with all the pieces and would not hesitate to buy PBK again.

HTH!
Carrie

ppshah
04-08-2004, 11:56 PM
We ahve PBK sheets, bumper, and skirt. They've held up great so far. No complaints...I would definately buy it again.!!

camsmom
04-09-2004, 12:00 AM
I have the bumper, crib skirt and a few sheet sets. I haven't had any problems with any of the things I purchased. Everything has held up well through multiple washings. Good luck!

JenCA
04-10-2004, 06:51 PM
We have PBK crib sheets, a crib skirt, bumper, and quilt, along with miscelleanous blankets, and all pieces have been washed mulitple times and have held up well (no pilling, fading, etc.). I would definitely purchase PBK linens again. The only item I would skip is the wool area rug that matches the bedding for DD's room. It sheds! :(

cimberdog
04-15-2004, 04:42 PM
We have LOTS of PBK stuff. We moved when DS was 6 months old so I just "HAD" to have a new nursery pattern, LOL! We have the PBK green and blue puppies set (minus a bumper) plus the fire engines quilt, several crib sheets, dust ruffle, stuffed animals, picture frames, rugs, curtains and lamps from PBK. They have all held up well. I've never had a problem except for one crib sheet lost its elastic after a wash but none of the others have. Right now with the fire engine stuff we have a red gingham sheet plus a plain reddish crib sheet and neither have faded with washings -even on the high sanitary cycle in the washer.

Their quilts are well made - like a genuine type quilt rather than a cotton\poly blend with batting inside. We use the quilt for decoration on his wall with a quilt rack and then I made him a rag quilt for his blankie that matches the fire engine decor and he uses that in the crib at night.

The only two complaints I have with PBK:

1) Their shipping charges are outrageous
2) Their furniture is waaaay overpriced, especially considering several of those cribs are Simmons.

Dcclerk
04-15-2004, 08:07 PM
I second the skip-the-wool-rug sentiment. Good grief, that thing sheds worse than a dog! I am forever finding wool dust bunnies around. I am not great housekeeper, but it really is ridiculous!

kseltmann
05-01-2004, 09:38 AM
I have a whole set of PBK crib sheets and bedding, and I really love them. They wash well, they feel soft, and they are good quality. If you can find a friend who lives by a PBK store... the shipping is much less! I had a friend get the stuff for me and send it before I knew what I wanted. Her shipping cost was a fraction of the PBK shipping.
I will buy PBK again.

durga8
05-07-2004, 01:17 AM
i was looking for sheets to go with Curious George in Space theme, and PBK had their space theme ones on sales for a great price. They have held up really well after several washes and haven't really shrunk. I also use them over a fitted waterproof crib liner and they work pretty well though they are a snug fit. I have seen some on Ebay for great prices too.

best wishes on the baby,
durga8