PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchase a crib that converts straight to double bed?

jennifer_r
04-19-2004, 06:42 PM
We really like the Natart Morgan crib - it seems very well made and we like the idea that this furniture will last our daughter for a very long time. We also like the Logan but we prefer the Morgan because it converts to the double. Two concerns - one, the crib goes straight from crib to double, no toddler bed in between. Do most toddlers adjust well to such a big change? Also, the crib does not have drop sides and I'm short - almost 5'4". The store told me that I should not have an issue with putting the baby down to sleep when the mattress is lowered because the front side is lower to begin with. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Jennifer
Mother to Christopher
It's a Girl!
EDD 8/13/04

bnme
04-23-2004, 07:39 PM
I have a Childcraft Legacey with a no drop side-rail. I am 5'2 and I don't have a problem at all, even with the mattress on the lowest setting. I will admit that a dropping rail could be easier but I also feel it is one less thing to worry about (baby playing with) and break and also no worry about noise waking the baby. It is true that the crib is lower to begin with and it helps make it easier. Being short I felt I was stretching up into a regular height crib, if that makes sense, so this seemed easier to me.

Ours converts from a crib, to toddler, to full but we are actually going to be using the crib for baby #2 and therefore buying a toddler bed for my son or going straight to twin. I am even leary of that so I can't imagine straight to a full. When I purchased it I always felt I'd buy a toddler bed or go straight to a twin any way because I hate the way cribs converted to toddler beds look-so awkward and jail-like to me! The fact that the crib can be used as a full makes me feel it is not a waste of $$ for that -plus I just loved this crib

HTH a bit. If you search the archives there have been alot of posts on this in the past. Maybe up to a year ago

Good Luck!