PDA

View Full Version : Dresser drawer lining

vee_mckenzie
04-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Does anyone use a lining in the drawers of the dresser or do you just put the clothes right into the wooden drawer?

amp
04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
I was surprised last year when someone asked this and a lot of people said they line them. Never, ever occured to me. We haven't lined our drawers, so we never even considered lining DS's. Hasn't been an issue for us.

BethinMass
04-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Same here, no lining.

redhookmom
04-22-2004, 03:25 PM
When I was a little girl my dresser drawers were lined so I guess that is why my children's are. I am not sure what the purpose is other then a feeling of nostalgia.

JenaW
04-22-2004, 04:26 PM
We refinished a childhood dresser of DHs for our son. It had been stored in our basement for several years, and while I scrubbed it inside and out, I was still leary about putting my son's cute little newborn clothes in it. So I used some recycled wrapping paper (I had tons of it laying around). I cut it to size and used that white gummy stuff that you can use to hang posters on the wall (can't think of its name, sorry) in the four corners to hold it down. You could also use contact paper, but I wanted the option to change the paper later on. If you have a brand new dresser, it probably isn't necessary. We don't have any other dresser lined.

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

nupe
04-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I like to use plastic liners just like in the kitchen and bathroom. Not sure if this is bad for the wood. Reason: in case of spills. If I don't have quite enough, I use paper, but i think paper yellows over time...and may impart yellow onto clothes.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=100360

kroppink
04-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Ours is an assemble-yourself dresser with particleboard as the drawer base...so I want it to look nicer before putting baby's clothes in it. I ordered the cute baby drawer liners from One Step Ahead -- they're even baby powder scented!! ;)