PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Classica I vs. their lower-priced foams

jcmspg
04-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have the $40 or $50 Colgate foam mattress versus the Classica I, which is $89 in our area? How do the lower-priced ones perform? Two salespeople at the same store have given me conflicting information.

Thanks!

american_mama
04-30-2004, 05:42 PM
I have the Kolcraft foam mattress from Burlington Coat Factory. It is probably similar to a lower priced Colgate (gate about $40 in late 2002). My daughter has used it for 1 1/2 years and she and I are very happy with it. It probably looks the same as the day we bought it, maybe a tiny tiny bit less tight under the plastic cover. Tiny. I laid on it on the floor for the first time a few months ago, and thought the support was fine. My daughter has been jumping in her crib a lot in the past few months, which seems to have no negative effect on it.

THe Kolcraft was the only foam mattress I could find, or the only one acceptable in price and firmness. I preferred foam because they are lighter and make changing sheets easier, especially if you are expecting a boy. I believe boys pee out of their diaper more, thus wetting their sheets (just due to basic anatomy and angle of motion!)

Frankly, I don't know why people spend a lot on mattresses. I was and am very happy with this $40 one.