PDA

View Full Version : Organic mattress

krrroete
04-23-2004, 07:34 PM
I am a Mom to be and a friend told me about organic crib mattresses. Does anybody have one, recommend one, know where to get one?

Thanks,
Krrroete

holliam
04-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi there!

I've asked here before without much success. I managed to find a bunch of threads about them at the forums on mothering.com

I looked at a bunch of different sites, and I ended up ordering one from Organic Bebe.

This the one I ordered:
http://www.organicbebe.com/detail.aspx?ID=391

They are more expensive than non-organic mattresses. So, I think you really have to believe that it's worth it to justify the cost. Mine should be arriving on Monday.

I won't have my crib until mid-May, and my baby won't be home until September. So, I'm sorry I won't be able to give you a real review!

Holli

cabgirl
04-24-2004, 03:09 AM
I am getting the natural latex mattress from Organic Bebe. It is expensive, but a friend recommended it-her baby loves it and she and her husband actually ended up getting a natural latex one for themselves. I tried out the natural latex pillow and I love it! The advantage NATURAL latex has is that it does not offgas any chemicals (because it is not made with any), it is hypoallergenic and dustmites can't live in, which they, unfortunately, can in cotton, organic or not.

holliam
04-24-2004, 12:15 PM
The mattress I ordered is a combination of organic wool and cotton, not cotton only. Wool is also a natural dust mite deterrent, as well as flame-resistant, and water resistant. I think everyone just has to weigh the pros/cons of all the variables when choosing a mattress for their child.

Holli