PDA

View Full Version : Original co-sleeper use during the day?

SunnyShep
04-25-2004, 09:08 PM
I purchased the Arm's Reach Original Co-sleeper as my only initial sleeping arrangement for my baby due in 3 weeks. I figure to get a regular crib for him later, when I need to. (I also purchased the additional long liner, so I have both liners). I've set it up, with the nicer long liner and attached it to my bed... so far, so good. I understand how it'll be used at night, with the 4th side down to meet my mattress level and with him right next to me, to comfort, nurse, change, etc. However, my question is what do I do during the day, when I'm not in my bed next to him? Especially when I have to go back to work after my 8-week maternity leave and have a nanny? Does he just stay in there? Obviously, he can't really move around much at first, but can it be used as a separate crib? Do I put the 4th side of the co-sleeper back up? I'm confused.

toomanystrollers
04-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Neve often tooks naps in her co-sleeper (with the 4th side down & attached to our bed) right up to around 5 months. You can always set a baby monitor in your room to keep tabs on him :) FWIW, for the first two months - Neve napped on top of me in a sling/pouch - it was the only way she would nap.

Happy delivery!

SunnyShep
04-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. Wondering what to do with him during the day. Perhaps one of those bouncy seats that he can also nap in?

Kieransmom
04-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Our bouncy seat was a GODSEND!!!! My son LIVED in his bouncy seat. In fact, it was the only place we could get him to nap during the day. We bought one for upstairs and one for downstairs so that I could get things done around the house without having to drag it up and down the stairs. When I needed to shower I would just put him in the bouncy seat and he'd be fine until I was done.
Good Luck! :+
Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03