PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for sleep positioners

mastry
04-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Does anyone have a sleep positioner that they really like? We registered for the First Years Air Flow Adjustable Sleep positioner, but I wanted to see if there was something better out there that I should be aware of...

JennyLynn
04-26-2004, 04:25 PM
DS just started rolling onto his side so we use a rolled-up towel on either side of him. Works just fine, and free!

Jenny

ncmommy
04-27-2004, 08:30 AM
We also wanted a sleep positioner for DS since he was such a wiggle worm. We also wanted to elevate his head because he seemed so congested the first month. Unfortunately, he just wiggled his way down and out of the silly thing! We finally just gave up. Our pediatrician suggests simply elevating one end of the crib by putting a few books or a large pillow under one end (either under the mattress or under the crib legs).

AJs Mommy
04-27-2004, 01:06 PM
We really like the new sleep positioner by Dex - the "Secure Sleeper Ultra 3 in 1 Sleep Positioner" The sides are adjustable with velcro (so it grows with baby) and the top is elevated (which is great for reflux and babies who like to spit up after a bottle or have a stuffy nose), and the material is made of a soft foam that is designed to prevent plagiocephaly (and you can toss it in the washer). I hope this is helpful.

mom2binsd
04-29-2004, 01:58 AM
We used the one from Target, it was about 14.99, the sides were triangle shaped that velcroed on, the "pillow" was the foam that prevents flat head- our baby loved it (I think she did anyway) and we found it was great (easy to pack) to take on trips and put in a playpen when staying with relatives (it may have made her feel like she was at home/she always slept great. I think it may have helped prevent flathead (I don't know how to spell the technical term) as she slept in her crib from week one and took all naps and slept 10-12 hours every night with not a flat head to be seen!. We only removed it around age 7-8 months when she moved around a lot and was getting a little tangled up in it.

Good luck!

Beth, mom to Maddie age 10 months

Jocelyn
04-30-2004, 09:20 AM
what in the world is "flat head"?

Jocelyn

Jennamax
05-11-2004, 09:10 PM
"Flat head" is plagiocephaly - many babies develop a flat spot on their heads from laying in a specific position all the time.

Emmas Mom
05-13-2004, 06:10 PM
We used the "inclined to sleep" positioner from BRU. It worked very well until DD was about 6 months & she grew out of it. Now we have a wedge under the sheet....though she does tend to wiggle her way down to the end of her crib during the night. ;) I'm not as concerned now that she's a little older though. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007B76C/qid%3D1084483994/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-1175933-6316627

maridave
05-19-2004, 08:19 AM
We also registered for the incline to sleep from BRU. However, I am thinking of taking it off the registry because I found out at my Lamaze class that the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend sleep positioners as it blocks the airflow to the baby. As a first time mom that is raised some serious concerns for me. Has anyone else heard the same?