PDA

View Full Version : Changing Table Pad Positioning

kroppink
05-07-2004, 02:42 PM
This is a really dumb question.... but I don't know the answer to it or if it EVEN MATTERS!! It probably doesn't, but what do I know? I don't have a baby yet. ;)

Ok... so we have a changing table/dresser (it's not finished yet as you can see in the pics) & we bought a changing pad for the top. We need to screw it in the back....but I don't know how to position it. Is there a safety issue with it being all the way to the edge (on the left in the pics)? Or does it not matter, cuz it will be screwed into the dresser? Because if I put it there, it gives me some room on the right to set something down....but maybe that's a mistake because baby could reach it or kick it! (I don't even know which way I'd have him face...) Anyway, like I said, I feel silly even asking the question ... but I don't know if I should screw it on so it's all the way right, all the way left, or just center it. :o) Here are 2 pix.... THANKS!!!! :)

Momof3Labs
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
I'd do all the way right or all the way left. I am right-handed, and change Colin with his head to my left, feet to my right, so I would want the extra space near his feet. But if you don't have this piece against a wall (on the left side), and you plan to put baby with his/her head to the left, you might want to leave the space at the left side because babies squirm/crawl in all directions when being changed!

redhookmom
05-07-2004, 04:22 PM
If you are right handed I would choose #1 (pad all the way to the left). It will be nice to have that extra stash area toward babies feet. If it were above his head the stuff would just fall off.

JElaineB
05-07-2004, 11:33 PM
DH is left handed and I am right handed and our pad is in the middle! Ours slides around somewhat so it hasn't been that big of an issue at all exactly where it is screwed in.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

amp
05-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Ours is in the middle too, but it slides. The adhesive that holds it in place comes undone. It hasn't really been that much of an issue. I have my hands on DS at all times. I think it looks better centered, but that's really kind of irrelevant. FWIW, I too am right handed and DS's head is to my left and his bottom and feet are at my right, as is the drawer where I store diaper supplies (like yours).