PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle Lauren Crib - Impluse Buy - Looking for feedback!!!

McQ
05-10-2004, 09:23 AM
DH & I were at Buy Buy Baby this weekend to buy a glider and look at cribs. Well we ended up buying a crib too! I know Sorelle makes good cribs and is highly rated but I'm looking for feedback on this particular model (or atleast a model with similar features).

The crib seems really sturdy and it converts to a toddler bed so that's a plus. My only question/concern is the lack of the dropside rail. This one has a stationary front rail. Shouldn't be a problem when the babe is little but will it be a PITA once we lower the mattress?

Any thoughts are appreciated. I have a couple days to cancel if I change my mind. TIA!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5764.jpg

ncmommy
05-11-2004, 09:14 AM
What a beautiful crib! I can see why you bought it...impulse buy or not! It probably depends on how tall you are. We didn't use our drop side at all until DS started pulling up and we had to drop the mattress. We use it all the time now, but we are not on the tall side (I'm 5'4'' and DH is only 5'7'') The only time I think it would be really tough would be when you try to put an older baby in the crib while he/she is sleeping - it can make for a rough landing.
good luck!

McQ
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've read through all the threads on stationary rails and do have some concerns since we're short (I'm 5'2" and DH is 5'4"). I'm going to keep the crib anyway - just love it! - but will be rethinking my strategy until it gets here and DH makes me pick which room to set it up in :) The crib Declan is in now has a drop side so maybe I'll keep him in that until the new baby is ready for the mattress to be lowered. And maybe at that time Declan will be ready for the toddler function. Or just switch the cribs now since he's usually awake when he goes down for the night. We're still working on naps :) Thanks for entertaining my crazy pregnancy ramblings:)

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04