PDA

View Full Version : Forever Mine Furniture Delay

Janine
05-12-2004, 02:17 PM
We ordered our entire set of furniture from Forever Mine in early March. We were told that it would take 2-3 weeks for delivery. We thought we were way ahead since my due date is not until July 7. A few weeks later, we were told that they had a fire in their staining plant and that the funiture would be delayed. It would now be arriving in early to mid May. This week we received a phone call advising us that it will now be mid-June at the earliest before the furniture arrives!!! I'm getting nervous. Anyone had any experience with this company or facing the same dilemma?

Thanks!

gitapet
05-14-2004, 05:37 PM
My son's entire room is filled with Forever Mine furniture and we have been happy enough with it that we are probably going to order from them again for the new baby.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having getting your furniture from them. My stuff was delivered exactly when the company said it would be. Last week when I called to check shipping costs they quoted an 8 week delivery timetable. Hopefully if a new order would get delivered at the very beginning of July a back order would get delivered before then. Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Mom to Ian, born 10/21/2002,
Expectant Mom to ??? due 10/2/2004

djallen668
05-14-2004, 09:19 PM
I actually just got off the phone with Forever Mine.

We ordered our furniture in early April for a July 3rd due date. We thought that would be plenty of time. I've just been told that the furniture won't even ship until "sometime towards the end of June". The customer service rep didn't give my any details about why, I hadn't heard about the fire. She also couldn't give me a more specific delivery date. I'm hoping that the furniture doesn't arrive while we're in the delivery room. :(

Good luck to all.

JenniferPT
05-14-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm very pleased with my Forever Mine crib so I would say to be patient and wait it out. The assembly is so easy and they really are a wonderful piece of furniture. The crib is very sturdy so I think you'll probably be happy with it...when you get it. *fingers crossed for both of you*

Janine
05-19-2004, 09:21 AM
I spoke with the company again this week. Again they refused to give us a specific date, but they did throw in a free toy chest for the inconvenience when I asked them to waive the delivery charge. They said they doubt that it will be later than mid-June for it to ship, but it won't be sooner. We can call for a specific date in early June. Good luck to you!

westchicagomom
05-20-2004, 11:16 PM
If you search the recent archives you will see that some people, including myself, had problems w/ Forever Mine. They have seemingly become too popular for their own infrastructure or something.

I am not going to repost my whole story, but basically when they finally shipped it, the furniture sat at a local warehouse for over a week. Because of their "low" shipping costs, you are really at the mercy of the local company they deal w/.

Our furniture arrived in less-than-perfect condition w/ uneven staining and rough areas. It wasn't a big enough deal to go thru the hassle of shipping it back.

It is good that you are posting your experience as others will see to be prepared for a potential hassle (staining plant fire or not). Overall we are happy w/ the furniture - people should just know that apparently the quality isn't what is used to be.

I hope you get your furniture in time!