PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else purchased Legacy furniture?

maridave
05-19-2004, 08:13 AM
I purchased the Legacy crib,combo and amoire top and base from a local baby store (Behr's) about 3 months ago and everything is in the warehouse except for the amoire base. I am getting a little worried as I am expecting in 4 weeks and it seems a bit unusual that the only missing piece would be the base.

Can anyone tell me what good or bad experiences they have had with Legacy?

Second time parents
05-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi. I would not worry about Legacy as they are a very good company. What may have happened is either the base was damaged or it was not ready and the store had the other peices shipped. Take care and I would question the store regarding these possibilities.

jraohc
05-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Our experience with Legacy has been very good. Our crib arrived about 2-4 weeks earlier than the store told us.

The biggest problem we had with the furniture was that we decided we could handle putting it together ourselves. You have to follow every direction very carefully! There was one spot where it looked like you had to screw the same piece into the same spot on all four corners of the crib, but it turned out that two corners used spot A and two corners used spot B, but the directions really didn't make the obvious.

lmladuke
05-27-2004, 05:28 PM
We bought a Legacy crib and bureau/changing station for DS 3 years ago. It came in a bit earlier than expected.

We purchased the matching twin bed from Legacy and it too a good 8 - 10 weeks to come in - but we have been very happy with all of it. The quality is nice - although I think the finish scratches easily - but hey doesn't everything when you have kids?

Lori

lmladuke
05-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Lori

renollet
06-01-2004, 06:51 PM
I am currently waiting on furniture and was just told the weather in IN has destroyed many pieces of furniture and possible equipment at their mill. I'm due in 3 weeks and not happy after waiting 8 weeks already for the furniture. I do think their furniture is good quality (researched it thoroughly) but I would absolutely not order it right now, at least not if you live in the midwest.

waiting for more info in IL

maridave
06-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks for your responses. I think I am also a victim of the flood, the amoire base still hasn't come in and I ordered everything in February. I did ask them to deliver the crib and combo unit so at least I have that in the nursery now and I can wait on the armoire. I am a bit disappointed as I only have 3 weeks to go but I guess it could be worse. On the upside, the furniture does look beautiful and I am still happy with our selection.