PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! White Hi Low Dresser?

YoungMomOfTwins
05-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Hello Folks, My name is Alida and we are expecting a baby girl in early July. I have searched Hi and low for a cute white changing tower for my girl. The dresser w/ changing area on it. The ONLY one I could find is a Simply Sweet by JC Penny. BUT they don't have it in stores so I'd have to get it sight unseen and it seems to be made of engineered wood, which worries me. Has anyone used this before? Or, Can anyone recommend an equally beautiful changing tower for me? I need adresser fast. Or maybe a cute girlish white armoire? I have searched and there isn't much that I'm finding. Thanks, Blessings, Alida

amp
05-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi Alida- I don't know if I can help you very much. We shopped at USA Baby for dressers and they had lots of Hi-Lo dresser/changing tables and many came in white. We didn't really like the prices and what we ended up doing was buying a clearanced floor model at Sears and painting it white to cover all of the black scuff marks. It turned out fabulous and was very nicely made (not engineered wood). It allowed us to get just what we wanted at about 1/2 the cost. I don't know if you have any stores like USA Baby, but they do sometimes have a 1 day sale where they clearance out some floor models. Occasionally Babies R Us (BRU or TRU) will clearance floor model stuff in one section of the store. You can also buy a low dresser and add a contoured changing pad to it.

Just a couple of ideas.

jennmw
05-21-2004, 11:02 AM
They have one on walmart's website (see link below) but it says online only. I do remember in the Baby Bargains book though that the recommended Sauder.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2013579&cat=96112&type=1&dept=5427&path=0%3A5427%3A86325%3A96112

MilesSmiles
05-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi Alida,

Bellini makes beautiful furniture that meets your description. They are all natural wood. They are VERY expensive though. However, I just saw one in white for sale on eBay this morning!
Here's a link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20425&item=4303506415&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

These pieces would easily cost you more than $1000 brand new.
Good luck!
P.S.- I promise, I'm not the person selling this stuff . . . nor do I know them. It's just a coincidence that I saw this furniture this morning and then read your posting. :-)