PDA

View Full Version : Grand Glider - reviews?

indigo
05-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Has anyone tried out or owned a Grand Glider? I am considering buying a used one - I am going over to look at it today - and wondered if anyone has actually used one. It looks nice but I wonder whether the lack of padding on the arms might be an issue for nursing moms. I suppose we could always throw something over the arms for comfort but that might be a hassle too.

Here is a link to a picture:

http://www.netkidswear.com/boy3pairsoc1.html

Thanks for any input you may have!

indigo
05-24-2004, 07:28 PM
I guess I will reply to my own post! I saw the used glider - it was sort of Mission style, with a taller back than some of the Dutailiers I've seen. The wood (medium oak finish) looked nice, but when I sat down one of the arms seemed wobbly and the finish seemed uneven. Supposedly this particular chair was barely used (only had it for 8 months?) but the fabric looked somewhat the worse for wear.

Height - seemed a good fit for me (I am only 5') and my feet rested comfortably on the floor when I sat all the way back.

The cushioning was decent, however the arms were not padded which was the deciding factor for me - I could not picture nursing in this chair.

Bottom line - at $200 this was not a good buy for me. I will keep looking for a used one but may settle for buying an upholstered glider new or making one out of an armchair.