PDA

View Full Version : Amby hammock questions- baby's coming soon... sorry it's long

dinakt
05-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Dear all:
We are expecting in a month and are very interested in Amby Hammock. I searched the site, but the threads are usually very brief, and I have lots of questions.
Did anybody use it as a main sleeping spot for the first year, and how did you like it?
I know it is great for keeping the baby in our room, but what if after couple of months we want to sleep in different rooms with the baby? Is it safe for him (it's a boy :)) to be in the hammock in his own room?
Do you think buying a slightly used one on e-bay would be safe, or is it way better to get a new one?
Could a one -year-old sleep on a crib mattress on the floor until he is ready for the bed, and could we skip buying the crib? (I have to travel due to work, sometimes staying away from home for weeks, and my DH often comes to visit, so we have to find the most efficient way to travel with the child, hopefully with the minimum of adjustment for him. Crib seems very cumbersome under the circumstances)
Thank you so much- i love the forum! It is incredibly helpful and keeps me occupied for hours :)
Dina

deenass
05-27-2004, 10:40 PM
I can't speak to the hammock because I don't have one, but as the mother of a one year old, i can't imagine him not having a crib to sleep in. I would be too nervous about him waking up and wandering around if he had the freedom to get up off the floor from the mattress.

Have you considered a pack and play? You can travel with it quite easily.