PDA

View Full Version : a SECOND glider.. help!

lrgeller
05-28-2004, 01:10 AM
We just had our second child and have to get a second glider -- for our bedroom. We have a Dutalier in our son's room and we use it in there all the time. Now, we need one for our room to soothe/nurse the new baby.
Has anyone bought a second glider? Does anyone have two Dutaliers? Or is there another make I should be looking at? I love my glider but it wasn't cheap.. and I think two of the same may be unecessary.
THanks!
PS: Where's the best place to get a Dutalier now?

McQ
05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
I just ordered a second glider for the second nursery. The first one I bought was from Ethan Allen with the plan for it to go in the basement once we were done with it in the nursery. This second one that I bought is made by Best Chairs and I got it in fabric that will go in our bedroom later. I spent a lot more on the first chair knowing that it had a long useful life span. But the second chair seems more nursery practical and was super comfy.

But to go back to your question, I can't imagine having two Dutaliers - what would you do with them later? Is there some other style/chair style that you would be able to get reuse out of later? I know some one here on the board said they found a great chair at Lazeboy.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

lrgeller
05-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks. Yeah, two does sound ridiculous. I will have to search for an alternative...

hwin708
06-01-2004, 01:49 AM
As another suggestion, I remember someone posted here a while back about just buying the glider hardware and attaching it to a regular upholstered chair. It was pretty inexpensive - around $30-40 dollars. You can do a search for gliders and I'm sure you will find the post.
Personally, as I don't really like the look of gliders, I would prefer a more normal looking chair for the bedroom. With the hardware, you can have a normal chair that matches your bedroom, with the gliding feature. The cost depends on what chair you choose.
HTH!

nathans mom
06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Nathan's Mom

before we got pregnant I got a fabulous swivelling rocking armchair from Storehouse furniture and I love it now for nursing. I got a glider ottoman on clearance at a local baby store and made a slipcover to match my chair so in essence I have a giant cushy glider and ottoman. It is a normal chair that you can have long after kids are grown. It is pricey, about $600-$700 and more if you pick your own slipcover; BUT you'll have a fantastic chair rather than 2 gliders.