PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Legacy Furniture

hannah
05-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone!
Just want to give everyone the heads up that if you are looking to order cribs/dressers from Legacy, then you will have to wait up to 4 months. It seems that due to the recent tornadoes, the factory is out of commission. Other manufacturers have decreased their wait to compensate for the long wait from Legacy. I found this out yesterday when I went to order furniture. Morigeau used to have a 10-12 week wait; now the wait is 4-6 weeks.
Happy shopping!
Hannah

Eric
05-31-2004, 10:58 PM
Believe me when I tell you that Morgieau did not decrease their waiting time because of Legacy's problem. Time will tell if you will get your furniture in 4-6 weeks or 10 -12 weeks. The store just wants your order and if that is what they are telling you I wanted trust them with anything else they might say! What store did you buy your furniture in?

Play Pen
06-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Legacy did get flooded but the will be back up very quickly so there will be some delays. As you said Morigieau nor any other manufacturer has changed their shipping times because of this situation.

renollet
06-01-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm one of the very unlucky people who was to have furniture delivered this week. My furniture is apparently water logged and my baby is due within the month.

DON'T ORDER FROM LEGACY CHILDCRAFT!

So far I haven't even been told a timeline of when I can expect furniture. They're trying to scramble and find floor models from various stores to satisfy people. But if I'm going to spend Legacy prices I want a brand new piece of furniture that I've waited 8 weeks for already. uggggggggg

I know it's not there fault but it's very frustrating.

fulchersc
06-11-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm in the same situation you are, except my furniture was already 2 weeks late when I found out about the flood. I've waited 12 weeks just to find out that I have to look for something else! It should have already been on its way to my house! The timeline I was told to get the dresser/changing table I ordered is 12 more weeks. AAAHH!

Have you figured out a way to get some furniture fast? My baby is also due in a little over 4 weeks!

Alys the Cat
06-11-2004, 12:58 PM
I hear ya! I feel bad for the company, but they just don't seem to be communicating with their retailers.

I went back to Baby Love last night to come up with a substitute for my missing crib. They are holding an in-stock Pali Mia in natural for me - and I'm hoping it will look okay with the Legacy bookcase and combi dresser that already arrived at their warehouse. I guess I'll accept delivery on the Pali (and my two Legacy pieces) as soon as I give up on the Legacy crib, or as soon as Baby Love gets confirmation that the Legacy crib is toast - whichever comes first.

Again - not Legacy's fault - but I am SO aggravated at having to settle for a crib I wouldn't have otherwise ordered, especially since I did my furniture shopping in March for a July 16th due date. I really planned on having my nursery all set up by now.

Is there a BabiesRUs in your area? That seemed to be the only place near me with lots of furniture in stock - or deliverable within a week. But they don't carry Legacy, so you'd have to look for something else in a similar style and color. Good luck!
C