PDA

View Full Version : Need glider for my wide bottom. Recommendations much appreciated.

BlissTwin
06-01-2004, 02:31 PM
After 2 years of IF I have gained a lot of weight. I am expecting twins in the fall and want to order a glider. I figure with my larger bottom and the need to nurse two at a time I want a wider glider. Most of the recs seem to be for tall people, not wide people.

There is an upholstered Dutallier at BRU that is 35 inches wide (wider than the wood frame ones it seems), but the recline feature is kinda of lame compared to other dutallier gliders. Does anyone know of a model that would give me a little space and recline well? Also, where did you order yours from? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Second time parents
06-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi. Check out this site where I bought ours. They were giving us measurements when we purchased ours and they had a couple that were very generous in the width. They are dutalier, but they recline like our wood one. good luck, lynn. www.rockingchairstore.com/all.html

helaina
06-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Little Castle Gliders http://www.littlecastleinc.com advertise that they have wider seats to accommodate nursing pillows (http://www.littlecastleinc.com/adult_product_files/page0004.htm). They also have higher arms to support the mother's arms while nursing. I find them more comfortable than other gliders; the Dutaliers give me motion sickness from the back and forth motion, while the Little Castles have more of a rocking motion (though they still glide like a glider should). They have a new reclining model out called the Grand Glider Recliner. I haven't tried that one out in person. FWIW, I do have a wider bottom than most women and I find the Little Castles comfortable. They are sold at Buy Buy Baby, Baby Express stores (like Great Beginnings), and at upscale independent stores. The price ranges from about $500 to $600 for a non-reclining model. Buy Buy Baby seems to sell them the cheapest and they often have coupons that should apply to get you an extra 15% off.