PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate combo dressers?

swan01
06-03-2004, 09:59 AM
I have been to 3 stores so far in my area, and have seen very few dressers that are not combo units. They just scream "baby dresser" to me. I would be OK with one were the "hat" part removes, but I have seen very few of those also. I am 22 weeks, so we are just in the browsing phase of our search. I have been looking at some manufacturers websites and have not found very many larger dressers or double dressers that match cribs I like that I could put a changer on.

Can anyone recommend manufacturers that make the kind of dresser I am looking for and have matching cribs?

Thank you!

mindeva
06-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I had the same feelings about the combo unit, but wanted to use the dresser as the changing table at first. I ended up getting a combo with removable hat and crib from Bonavita. You may want to check this company if you haven't already. We are picking up our furniture tonight, so I can let you know what we think after we have it all set up.

Pipersmamma
06-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Same thoughts here. I wanted a dresser that would go well beyond the baby years and not look like it once was a changing table. I have the Venitian set from Babies R Us and just love it.

HallsofVA
06-09-2004, 12:08 AM
We purchased a double dresser from Mother Hubbard Cupboard (and the matching hutch, which we're not using at the moment). They make many variations that aren't babyish. They'll match a stain to your crib if needed. We got our stuff in Natural, so it wasn't a big deal for us, but we did get it in high gloss stain, which is super easy to clean. We love the dresser, which we use as a changing table at the moment. It's so nice to have all of the room and drawers so accessible.

Here's a picture of our dresser and crib

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7443.jpg

Jennamax
06-10-2004, 11:04 AM
We bought a beautiful double dresser from Ragazzi. Doesn't look like baby furniture at all. We then purchased the changing caddy from them - it attaches to the back of the dresser, and sits over it, so that once baby has outgrown it, you can remove it and be left again with just a very nice dresser.

helaina
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I also want a double dresser instead of a combo unit. The baby store near me has several and the sales associate told me that you hammer little clips into the back of the dresser that attach to the bumper pad to keep it in place. Once the baby outgrows the changing pad you'll never see the clips in the back since the dresser goes against the wall anyway.

Legacy makes some really big and beautiful double dressers (that match a lot of cribs) but this is not a good time to order from them since their inventory is backed up due to the storms. Rumble Tuff also makes double dressers. The store should have a catalog with photos even if they don't have a floor model out. Rumble Tuff is good at matching lots of finishes. Morigeau also has some really pretty ones but they are more expensive.