PDA

View Full Version : 1st baby - Convertible crib or not? Any cribs that convert to twin headboard?

swan01
06-04-2004, 11:21 AM
I can't decide if we should get a convertible crib. We are hoping to have more than 1 child (this is our first), so we would be using the crib for a while. Does anyone have opinions one way or the other?

I like the look of non-convertible cribs better, and would rather have the crib convert to a twin bed than a double bed. Has anyone seen a crib that converts to a twin headboard (and I guess a tall footboard to match)?

Thanks!

JenzooBen
06-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi,

We bought a convertible Pali crib for my son - it converts into a double bed. I decided not to use it that way though and got him twin bunk beds due to room. It was sort of a waste of money afterall.

www.forevermine.com makes a crib that converts to twin beds. It's the only one I could find like that. I'm considering this crib for my twins that are due this fall.

Jenny

ColorBlue
06-05-2004, 11:56 PM
We have a convertible crib and have not used it. My daughter is 2.5 and will go straight into a bed and our twins (due in Nov) will go into her crib. If you think that you will have your children close togehter...within three years or so then I wouldn't bother. Also even for the second one you will probably something in a regular bed you find that you like better.

Hope that helps.

Tracy

dd Grace 11/01
edd TWINS!! 11/04

Jennamax
06-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Our crib is convertible, but we aren't planning on having more children.

I wouldn't have bought solely based on whether the crib was convertible - it just so happened that the one we liked was. I would have gone either way.