PDA

View Full Version : Shermag glider question -problem, help!

Octobermommy
06-06-2004, 01:35 PM
We bought a Shermag glider (7479 KD) and ottoman at a local baby store. When we sat in it there is a noticable catch/bump in the glide. I will be using this chair to nurse and it is bothersome. Apparantly we are told, this is how they are made. I can't imagine a glider with a catch in the middle of the glide selling and people being happy with them. I don't really expect this from a 500 glider/ottoman.

Does anyone else have a Shermag that is totally smooth in the glide? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks so much

Thatchermom
06-06-2004, 08:11 PM
I have a much cheaper Shermag - the ones you find at Target.com - and it has a very smooth glide. No catch in the glide whatsoever, so somebody is telling you wrong! For $500, demand perfection!

kaitlinsmommy
06-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Ours is a Dutailier, but yes, definitely demand they give you a different one. Like you need to be annoyed when you're up in the middle of the night rocking your baby.

Octobermommy
06-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks Susan and Kim,

We are waiting to see what Shermag says right now but we are demanding that it gets fixed or we get another one. I am hoping right now that the store makes it easier for us to do this. I don't need the hassle being pregnant and all.

Anyone else have this experience??

westobou
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
There is a catch in the glide. We also paid about 500 for ours and I've tighten the screws down (even to slightly cracking a dowel) thinking that it was just loose - creating the catch or bump mid glide. Please let me know what it is or how to fix it. It's pretty irritating.

Indianamom2
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I have a cheaper version that is now over 7 years old. It's never had a catch in the glide and it still glides very smoothly. I'd ask for a replacement.

vonfirmath
09-06-2011, 10:31 AM
We bought a Shermag glider (7479 KD) and ottoman at a local baby store. When we sat in it there is a noticable catch/bump in the glide. I will be using this chair to nurse and it is bothersome. Apparantly we are told, this is how they are made. I can't imagine a glider with a catch in the middle of the glide selling and people being happy with them. I don't really expect this from a 500 glider/ottoman.

Does anyone else have a Shermag that is totally smooth in the glide? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks so much

We have a Shermaq glider we got from Babies R Us 4 years ago. There is no catch in the glide.

DadWannaBe
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I think it is a defect in the manufacturing. When we were at our local BRU, 2 of 3 Shermag glide rockers had that catch. I looked under the chair and on one, the pieces were joined slightly off-center which caused a slight torquing and caused the glitch/hitch. On the other, I couldn't see what was causing it...but it lends me to believe that the manufacturing is pretty uneven and may be the cause. I had decided that I couldn't trust the manufacturing to be consistent and wasn't going to buy from them.

Good luck...hopefully either the store or the company will find a solution for you.

lauti
09-08-2011, 03:30 PM
We had the same problem and I couldn't stand it. I got rid of the Shermag and bought a Best Chairs upholstered one. Wish I hadn't even spent the money on the Shermag in the first place.

I bought the Shermag from BRU.

Octobermommy
09-18-2011, 06:43 PM
FYI this thread is 7 years old, hilarious, I was pg with my first when I posted this.