PDA

View Full Version : video monitors?

kawalla
06-11-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm looking for feedback as to video monitors. The 5th edition book only discusses audio monitors and I am looking for a good video monitor. Can anyone help with advice?

JenaW
06-11-2004, 11:34 PM
there have been some posts here in the past I think. Check the archives if you get a chance. I'd try to find some links for you, but my internet is agonizingly slow tonight.

We have the safety 1st and LOVE IT! It was a shower gift, so not sure of the price....but I think it was around $150. The only drawback, we have one of the newer 2.4gHz cordless phones and they are on the same frequency, so when the phone rings or you are talking, you get interferece. When the phone is not in use, it is fine. We have no problem with any other appliance, and it seems to have great range. Also, the camera is incredible....in my son's room at night when it is pitch black you still get amazing resolution. I think it uses "night-vision goggle" technology. The camera has miniscule lights that don't bother DS and don't really give off any light at all.

One issue now, with baby #2 on the way, we would like a second camera. There is 3 channels, so I am sure you could hook up a second one, but not sure how to go about getting a second camera. we have thought about buying another entire set so we'd have the second monitor for upstairs, but not sure if that is cost-effective. In the recent BRU flier, I noticed that Summer Infant makes a monitor that they sell with 2 cameras for $149.

HTH

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

kijip
06-12-2004, 07:32 PM
There are not many on the market. It is a very small demand market so several companies stopped making their video monitors when they realized parents were not too into the idea. Fisher Price made a good one, according to BB, but it was discontinued. Basically, you don't really have a lot of choice, but it sounds like the ones available are ok.

Jennamax
06-13-2004, 10:20 PM
I don't have one, but I've heard good things about the Summer brand.